Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 19:18 Quote
I am seeing that in the app when I select a trail to quick view it the trail condition is not updated. For example in the pictures below the quick view shows the trail as closed but when I actually open the full trail page and navigate to reports there is a report that it is open

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 11:08 Quote
The app and it's improved interface are very good but i was wondering if you could add a filter trails by "ridden" as you can on the web

Posted: Apr 2, 2021 at 9:38 Quote
gmcc wrote:
The app and it's improved interface are very good but i was wondering if you could add a filter trails by "ridden" as you can on the web

I second this!

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 13:31 Quote
Am a beginner mtn biker and am using an older android device (KitKat 4.4) with an older version of the Trailforks app; version 1.34.4 to be exact, mounted to my handle bars. I'm not familiar with my local trails and mostly use it so I don't end up on black runs or get lost. I don't want to mount my expensive iPhone on the bars in case of a mishap.
The app works well, other than I'm not able to download the British Columbia region offline map. All other maps seem to sync/download with no issues. I think that at 35.8MB, the size of the file has something to do with it. It starts to download, but then just stops after about 30 seconds.
I know this version is likely no longer supported, but I just want to be able to use your app on an older device that, if destroyed, won't matter. Thanks for any help you may offer.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 6:04 Quote
Hi, I am also requesting OpenCycleMap base layer be added to Trailforks. I will upgrade to a paid subscription it's implemented

Note that this is NOT the same as OpenStreetMap! https://www.opencyclemap.org

a-d-e wrote:
canadaka wrote:
a-d-e wrote:
another plea for opencyclemap implementation. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE xx. its driving me nuts not being able to see any footpaths/bridleways/cycle lanes/national cycleways. what is the reason for limiting the available map options? could you explain why? if its not going to happen ever might just as well scrap my subscription and go back to using the desktop version on mobile. on desktop there are 3 satellite maps but zero bike-specific maps. we dont have squamish style trail network in uk so need better navigation tools. also where there are just only 2 or 3 trails only in a zone which are not close to any car parking etc.

There is an OpenStreetMap, "Streets" is based on OSM data and has a similar style to the main OSM style. It looks different because its a vector basemap not raster. But has all the same paths data.

completely different information displayed. also tracks disappear when zooming in/out on the trailforks also the elevation data is excellent on ocm where there is NONE on the trailforks map. peaks and hilltops also on opencyclemap. And heres me thinking trailforks is run by outdoor/adventure enthusiasts..ROAD map is just useless- in UK we have sustrans routes visible on opencyclemap. maybe you just dont understand anything outside of sea to sky corridor where basically trailforks trails will get you around the mountain regardless of the map and regardless of any proficiency in map/navigation. - there are highly dense trail networks in squamish/whistler and i had an easy time getting around using trailforks without gps even (phone broke so no gps) . completely different in the uk where we have highly dense walking path networks but very few trails.
still cant understand why opencyclemap is not implemented.

We will making some changes to the "Road" basemap to show more.[/Quote]

Posted: Apr 11, 2021 at 20:49 Quote
App: Needs landscape support

I was looking up some trails on the app using my iPad. I’ve got a keyboard, so I use it in landscape 99% of the time.

Unfortunately, the app loaded in portrait mode, so it’s sideways to how I use my iPad.

Please add landscape support!

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 3:59 Quote
Would it be possible to give an indicative timeline when Trailforks will have an Apple Watch App?
Will move over completely to Trailforks as soon as I can comfortably have a standalone system not requiring Strava.
PS. pushing data to Activity tracking on iOS like Strava would be part of this...

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 18:18 Quote
Kurt-Eh wrote:
App: Needs landscape support

I was looking up some trails on the app using my iPad. I’ve got a keyboard, so I use it in landscape 99% of the time.

Unfortunately, the app loaded in portrait mode, so it’s sideways to how I use my iPad.

Please add landscape support!

There is landscape mode, you can enable it in the app settings.

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 5:43 Quote
Hi. Will you be working on a Apple Watch integration? Simple start stop and activity connectivity?

Thanks

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 9:26 Quote
canadaka wrote:
andrelaurentmtb wrote:
canadaka wrote:
You can place the free region ANYWHERE you like. the UI just lets you move the map around anywhere showing the green box outline.

So we were playing with the free version and clicked on a region in West Ontario. It asked us to unlock the map to view the city sized area for free to investigate the potential trails. So we did that.

Now if we try to switch back to the Toronto area the app won't allow it and keeps requesting that we have to get trailforks pro!!!

Whaaaaattttttt?? So how does the user get back to their home area?

You can only move your free region once. If users were allowed to move it as many times as they want, one could easily get around never needing to pay for Pro to unlock the map fully...

PM me the username of the user who did this, I can reset their unlock attempts on the server.

Sent you a PM...same issue, locked out of my home area. Can you please reset me please? spambam@gmail.com

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 11:27 Quote
SchalkMarais wrote:
Would it be possible to give an indicative timeline when Trailforks will have an Apple Watch App?
Will move over completely to Trailforks as soon as I can comfortably have a standalone system not requiring Strava.
PS. pushing data to Activity tracking on iOS like Strava would be part of this...

Agreed! Been waiting for this for a while as it would be extremely useful especially in locations where you want to know which fork to take - no need to dig phone out, unlock (damn gloves that don't really work on touchscreens), and check map....

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 11:27 Quote
Prco71 wrote:
Hi. Will you be working on a Apple Watch integration? Simple start stop and activity connectivity?

Thanks

Bump! I'm waiting on this too....

Mod Plus
Posted: May 5, 2021 at 11:55 Quote
Spambam wrote:
canadaka wrote:
andrelaurentmtb wrote:

So we were playing with the free version and clicked on a region in West Ontario. It asked us to unlock the map to view the city sized area for free to investigate the potential trails. So we did that.

Now if we try to switch back to the Toronto area the app won't allow it and keeps requesting that we have to get trailforks pro!!!

Whaaaaattttttt?? So how does the user get back to their home area?

You can only move your free region once. If users were allowed to move it as many times as they want, one could easily get around never needing to pay for Pro to unlock the map fully...

PM me the username of the user who did this, I can reset their unlock attempts on the server.

Sent you a PM...same issue, locked out of my home area. Can you please reset me please? spambam@gmail.com

I reset your number of free area edits. But I think we found the cause of it not saving sometimes and will be in the next app update.

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 5:45 Quote
Any future work being done on the "Search Activities" on the mobile app similar to what's on the Webversion? Would be very useful!

Mod Plus
Posted: May 7, 2021 at 14:01 Quote
dnonixon wrote:
Any future work being done on the "Search Activities" on the mobile app similar to what's on the Webversion? Would be very useful!

I'll add a search filter to the My Ridelogs in the app for next update.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006837
Mobile Version of Website