Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 12:52 Quote
Recording a ride doesn't appear to tell Strava what bike you've used - I have two bikes listed on both, but when I switch to the secondary bike on Trailforks, Strava sticks with the default bike unless I go and change it.

Mod Outside+
Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 15:48 Quote
Schmidt911 wrote:
The Trailfork app crashes when I turn on my camera. I use an Android phone. I have gone though all the camera settings and nothing within the phones camera is set to cause this issue. Any ideas on how I can fix this problem?
Thanks
Robert

https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/147/

Mod Outside+
Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 15:49 Quote
TheCorminator wrote:
Recording a ride doesn't appear to tell Strava what bike you've used - I have two bikes listed on both, but when I switch to the secondary bike on Trailforks, Strava sticks with the default bike unless I go and change it.

Are you sure you've entered the "Strava Gear ID" on your Trailforks bike and it matches the id of that bike on Strava?

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 23:21 Quote
Apologies, I posted the same thing in the wrong thread previously. Please delete my post from "Trailforks.com feedback" thread.

It seems to me the direction arrow in TF is orienting itself relative to magnetic north, not geographic north. I installed a compass app to compare, it has a toggle for magnetic/georgaphic north. Tested both apps on a stationary flat surface.

The compass app tells me the current magnectic declination in Squamish is 15.8 degrees. What this means in practice is, once I orient my phone so that the direction arrow points where I want to go, I then have to look where the upper left corner of my phone is pointing, to see which way to go. I used to always get confused with the direction TF is showing, until I figured this one out.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 5:05 Quote
Hi, any update when OpenCycleMap will be added as a base layer? In Europe its much much better than any of the other layers you offer.
https://www.thunderforest.com/maps/opencyclemap/

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 14:05 Quote
canadaka wrote:
TheCorminator wrote:

Are you sure you've entered the "Strava Gear ID" on your Trailforks bike and it matches the id of that bike on Strava?

Yes, the bikes on TF are linked to bikes on Strava. I tried it on my last ridelog and observed the same behaviour.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 9:31 Quote
In the last few weeks, we have been having trouble with the location on the map not tracking in near real time as it has done very well at for the past couple years that we've been using the app for on trail navigation.

We've followed and double checked the suggestions from the help article around location and recording to no avail.(https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/112/)

Sometimes the location updates on the map after several minutes and other times a phone restart seems to help it catch up. Otherwise it stays stuck in previous locations, even with TF up and active on the screen. Up until a few weeks ago, the app was usually able to track near real time on the phone with no real issues, even with airplane mode set to conserve battery.

Have there been changes or are there new settings that we are missing to get this functional again?

Thanks!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005310
Mobile Version of Website