Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
Author Message
Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 12:52 Quote
Recording a ride doesn't appear to tell Strava what bike you've used - I have two bikes listed on both, but when I switch to the secondary bike on Trailforks, Strava sticks with the default bike unless I go and change it.

Mod Outside+
Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 15:48 Quote
Schmidt911 wrote:
The Trailfork app crashes when I turn on my camera. I use an Android phone. I have gone though all the camera settings and nothing within the phones camera is set to cause this issue. Any ideas on how I can fix this problem?
Thanks
Robert

https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/147/

Mod Outside+
Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 15:49 Quote
TheCorminator wrote:
Recording a ride doesn't appear to tell Strava what bike you've used - I have two bikes listed on both, but when I switch to the secondary bike on Trailforks, Strava sticks with the default bike unless I go and change it.

Are you sure you've entered the "Strava Gear ID" on your Trailforks bike and it matches the id of that bike on Strava?

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 23:21 Quote
Apologies, I posted the same thing in the wrong thread previously. Please delete my post from "Trailforks.com feedback" thread.

It seems to me the direction arrow in TF is orienting itself relative to magnetic north, not geographic north. I installed a compass app to compare, it has a toggle for magnetic/georgaphic north. Tested both apps on a stationary flat surface.

The compass app tells me the current magnectic declination in Squamish is 15.8 degrees. What this means in practice is, once I orient my phone so that the direction arrow points where I want to go, I then have to look where the upper left corner of my phone is pointing, to see which way to go. I used to always get confused with the direction TF is showing, until I figured this one out.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 5:05 Quote
Hi, any update when OpenCycleMap will be added as a base layer? In Europe its much much better than any of the other layers you offer.
https://www.thunderforest.com/maps/opencyclemap/

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 14:05 Quote
canadaka wrote:
TheCorminator wrote:
Recording a ride doesn't appear to tell Strava what bike you've used - I have two bikes listed on both, but when I switch to the secondary bike on Trailforks, Strava sticks with the default bike unless I go and change it.

Are you sure you've entered the "Strava Gear ID" on your Trailforks bike and it matches the id of that bike on Strava?

Yes, the bikes on TF are linked to bikes on Strava. I tried it on my last ridelog and observed the same behaviour.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 9:31 Quote
In the last few weeks, we have been having trouble with the location on the map not tracking in near real time as it has done very well at for the past couple years that we've been using the app for on trail navigation.

We've followed and double checked the suggestions from the help article around location and recording to no avail.(https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/112/)

Sometimes the location updates on the map after several minutes and other times a phone restart seems to help it catch up. Otherwise it stays stuck in previous locations, even with TF up and active on the screen. Up until a few weeks ago, the app was usually able to track near real time on the phone with no real issues, even with airplane mode set to conserve battery.

Have there been changes or are there new settings that we are missing to get this functional again?

Thanks!

Mod Outside+
Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 21:57 Quote
axion32 wrote:
In the last few weeks, we have been having trouble with the location on the map not tracking in near real time as it has done very well at for the past couple years that we've been using the app for on trail navigation.

We've followed and double checked the suggestions from the help article around location and recording to no avail.(https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/112/)

Sometimes the location updates on the map after several minutes and other times a phone restart seems to help it catch up. Otherwise it stays stuck in previous locations, even with TF up and active on the screen. Up until a few weeks ago, the app was usually able to track near real time on the phone with no real issues, even with airplane mode set to conserve battery.

Have there been changes or are there new settings that we are missing to get this functional again?

Thanks!

Nothing has changed on the Trailforks app end, there have been no recent app updates. Have you updated your Android OS? I have a Pixel 4 running latest version of Android 11 and have no issues.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
canadaka wrote:
axion32 wrote:
In the last few weeks, we have been having trouble with the location on the map not tracking in near real time as it has done very well at for the past couple years that we've been using the app for on trail navigation.

We've followed and double checked the suggestions from the help article around location and recording to no avail.(https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/112/)

Sometimes the location updates on the map after several minutes and other times a phone restart seems to help it catch up. Otherwise it stays stuck in previous locations, even with TF up and active on the screen. Up until a few weeks ago, the app was usually able to track near real time on the phone with no real issues, even with airplane mode set to conserve battery.

Have there been changes or are there new settings that we are missing to get this functional again?

Thanks!

Nothing has changed on the Trailforks app end, there have been no recent app updates. Have you updated your Android OS? I have a Pixel 4 running latest version of Android 11 and have no issues.

I'm on a Note 10 and my friend has an s10e, both on Android 11. Looks like my last update for the system was Aug 1 and the s10e was updated again this week (security update) and still is having the same issue. I see the latest TrailForks was updated on July 6 for my phone. Unfortunately I don't recall the exact time the app stopped tracking well, but think it was closer to the end of August.

What is the latest Android 11 version that you have running on your Pixel? Curious if it differs from what is on the Galaxy phones. Any other thoughts on what could have broke the tracking? Any way I could downgrade TF to the previous version to see if that makes any difference?

Thanks again!

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 16:40 Quote
Anyone else on an iPhone 13 missing trail lines or missing trails altogether

Here's an example, app: https://ibb.co/S6pbj0S

Versus the website: https://ibb.co/vZ0WVbc

Skyline and Wahine are missing the trail lines, and Varley's is missing altogether https://www.trailforks.com/trails/varley-s/

I've deleted and reinstalled the app, the region (New Zealand) has been downloaded

Any ideas?

Mod Outside+
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 17:20 Quote
lemonadejars wrote:
Anyone else on an iPhone 13 missing trail lines or missing trails altogether

Here's an example, app: https://ibb.co/S6pbj0S

Versus the website: https://ibb.co/vZ0WVbc

Skyline and Wahine are missing the trail lines, and Varley's is missing altogether https://www.trailforks.com/trails/varley-s/

I've deleted and reinstalled the app, the region (New Zealand) has been downloaded

Any ideas?

There was an issue last week for less than 24 hours with region downloads not providing all data. But it's fixed. So deleting New Zealand and re-downloading should fix. Or reinstalling the app fresh.

I just downloaded New Zealand and all my trails are visible on the map.

Mod Outside+
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 17:21 Quote
axion32 wrote:
canadaka wrote:
axion32 wrote:
In the last few weeks, we have been having trouble with the location on the map not tracking in near real time as it has done very well at for the past couple years that we've been using the app for on trail navigation.

We've followed and double checked the suggestions from the help article around location and recording to no avail.(https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/112/)

Sometimes the location updates on the map after several minutes and other times a phone restart seems to help it catch up. Otherwise it stays stuck in previous locations, even with TF up and active on the screen. Up until a few weeks ago, the app was usually able to track near real time on the phone with no real issues, even with airplane mode set to conserve battery.

Have there been changes or are there new settings that we are missing to get this functional again?

Thanks!

Nothing has changed on the Trailforks app end, there have been no recent app updates. Have you updated your Android OS? I have a Pixel 4 running latest version of Android 11 and have no issues.

I'm on a Note 10 and my friend has an s10e, both on Android 11. Looks like my last update for the system was Aug 1 and the s10e was updated again this week (security update) and still is having the same issue. I see the latest TrailForks was updated on July 6 for my phone. Unfortunately I don't recall the exact time the app stopped tracking well, but think it was closer to the end of August.

What is the latest Android 11 version that you have running on your Pixel? Curious if it differs from what is on the Galaxy phones. Any other thoughts on what could have broke the tracking? Any way I could downgrade TF to the previous version to see if that makes any difference?

Thanks again!

I am running stock Android 11 (Security update Sept 5, 2021)

We are starting the process of re-writing some of the location tracking code in-house, rather than using a 3rd party plugin.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 19:51 Quote
I have reinstalled a few times, and I just deleted and downloaded the region again now but it’s still missing for me

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 20:08 Quote
I jus noticed if I go into search, the missing trails have cloud icons next to them

If I tap on one, it says it’s in the New Zealand region, which I already have, but I tap it anyway and it updates

But back on the map it’s still not there

https://ibb.co/zrR09Fz


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005959
Mobile Version of Website