close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 7:15 Quote
The other issue may be if you are using a speed sensor with your Garmin account. Some of the speed sensors used for Garmin, wahoo, etc. can act as stand alone devices that don't need to be paired to a computer or watch, they just automatically upload to your Garmin account at the end of an activity. To remedy this, check your Garmin account ad look to see if it is listed as a device, if so, delete it as a device, but you can still pair it to your Garmin Watch or computer, or Strava account under Speed sensor. This will eliminate duplicate recordings.
1partatatime wrote:
andrelaurentmtb wrote:
Still getting 2 separate ridelogs as if 17 October

I looked at your ride logs and I'm fairly certain you are still using the TF app tor record rides as well as your GPS.
There is a Garmin imported ride shown and next, an Android imported ride.
Recording twice is a sure fire way to get a duplicate.

With the Garmin, just record, have your phone sync'd (or setup your wifi on it) and it will auto submit the data to Garmin Connect. Trailforks will get that info within seconds and add it to your ridelogs. There will be no name associated with it, so you'll have to go into the TF account and edit the ridelog, its just an added step.
Don't even use your TF app for recording unless there is just a different section you want for mapping or editing.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 6:58 Quote
Unable to use 'Directions' feature in Trailforks. Tapping the option to get directions to a trail does nothing.

Usage details:
Android
App version: 1.56
Build: 19156002
Location services: Enabled
Location permissions granted: Yes
Location Permissions: Allow only while using this app
Power Savings Disabled: Yes
Battery Optimizations excluded: No

This happens on two different Androids. Pro and free accounts.

Works with iPhone.

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 11:58 Quote
tiatkins wrote:
Unable to use 'Directions' feature in Trailforks. Tapping the option to get directions to a trail does nothing.

Usage details:
Android

Works with iPhone.

Same. On my android phone, clicking the directions link or button on a parking POI doesn't do anything. Has been like that for at least a week.

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
tiatkins wrote:

Usage details:
Android

Works with iPhone.

Same. On my android phone, clicking the directions link or button on a parking POI doesn't do anything. Has been like that for at least a week.

I have the same experience with app on Android.

Mod Outside+
Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 11:41 Quote
Yah something broke, we will have an update out fixing this soon.

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 17:29 Quote
So is it going to be the standard for this app that 98% of the features can not be accessed unless you pay for Pro?

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 23:08 Quote
Hello,

I love the app, found what looks like a bug and hope I can share it in order to help make the app even better.

I use the heatmap feature a lot but the filtering doesn't work very well with it (would be great if the trail heat signatures would also disappear on the map). Additionally, when zooming in, some of the trail heat signatures disappear. Not sure why.

Anyway, keep up the awesome work! Avid user here! Big Grin

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 21:48 Quote
I can't access waypoints created on my PC on the mobile app. Please Help!

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 13:53 Quote
Four of the Vancouver Island regions are incorrectly linked to US states from the browse by region page

Vancouver Island Regions
https://m.trailforks.com/regions/#region2_3007

These are the regions that are incorrectly linked
https://m.trailforks.com/region/chemainus/
https://m.trailforks.com/region/denman-island/
https://m.trailforks.com/region/gold-river-1497136866/
https://m.trailforks.com/region/mansons-landing/

Oops. Maybe you are already aware of this?
Cheers

Mod Outside+
Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 14:16 Quote
GrahamHam wrote:
So is it going to be the standard for this app that 98% of the features can not be accessed unless you pay for Pro?

Most of the features are still accessed on the app free. The map is just greyed out beyond your free home area. But most other features of the app are free. As well as the website, check this out This blog post explains how you can still use Trailforks for free https://bit.ly/3iEmSkR

davec113 wrote:
I can't access waypoints created on my PC on the mobile app. Please Help!

The app doesn't have Waypoints yet, hopefully sometime this winter!

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 15:42 Quote
I'm trying to use the Trail Data Spreadsheet Export Tool (Vancouver Island specifically) and it looks like I'm unable to use it as I don't have a Trust Score yet.

Can this be "unlocked" somehow? Or is there another approach I can use?

Cheers!

Mod Outside+
Posted: Dec 15, 2021 at 11:41 Quote
nomadiain wrote:
I'm trying to use the Trail Data Spreadsheet Export Tool (Vancouver Island specifically) and it looks like I'm unable to use it as I don't have a Trust Score yet.

Can this be "unlocked" somehow? Or is there another approach I can use?

Cheers!

for what region? can you paste url

Posted: Dec 16, 2021 at 16:44 Quote
I'm recording my rides when snowboarding on Whistler Blackcomb.

Trails ridden are appearing as ridden/checked off in the "British Columbia Trail Explorer 100" badge, however, they are not being included in the other badges, like "Whistler 10 Black/Blue Trails" and the Whistler Blackcomb Completionist badge.

Do those badges needs some sort of refresh on the backend?

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 16:48 Quote
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but route creation (ride plan) functionality—and a way to download a GPX file from the app—would be awesome.

Thanks for all the great work.

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 6:25 Quote
coldkale wrote:
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but route creation (ride plan) functionality—and a way to download a GPX file from the app—would be awesome.

Thanks for all the great work.

I'm not a TF admin but I might be able to help.
You can create a route and download the GPX file using the TF site. Is that what you were asking for? Or did you want to do that from the app?
After you save the route or ride plan you can download the file as a GPX.
Here's a help video.
https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/145/

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005918
Mobile Version of Website