Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
Posted: May 16, 2022 at 14:38 Quote
matzx wrote:
Now i wanted upload my logs from weekend and i see propper kilometres but in map is just few hundred meters, in all logs from weekend, whats wrong? When i export it to strava, same problem, and even bad kilometres and verticals.
Me and a friend had the same problem this weekend. It did recognize the trails I was riding, but no times for them. Using the "recalculate stats and trail identification" feature killed the log down to the few kilometers (in my case) shown in map.

Is this a known bug? When will it be fixed?

Also: If the altitude data was correct it seems like a major change? Number would be much closer to strava than before. Would be nice to have some information somewhere for such major updates.

Mod Outside+
Posted: May 17, 2022 at 22:15 Quote
matzx wrote:
Hi,
I have a PRO subscription,
everything workED nice, more stable than strava, even if some other process in my phone killed trailforks, it still continues LOGING, till last update 3 days ago. Frown

Now i wanted upload my logs from weekend and i see propper kilometres but in map is just few hundred meters, in all logs from weekend, whats wrong? When i export it to strava, same problem, and even bad kilometres and verticals.
I am using TF for loging my rides, because it WAS more stable then strava, what should i do??
thx

We are in the process of releasing new GPS tracking code in the Android app. There was an issue so a new version was just released. So check for an app update.

This new tracking code should be more reliable once the kinks are worked out. I've been using it for months and had no issues. But the issue we found the last few days was related to other languages than english.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 7:16 Quote
canadaka wrote:
matzx wrote:
Hi,
I have a PRO subscription,
everything workED nice, more stable than strava, even if some other process in my phone killed trailforks, it still continues LOGING, till last update 3 days ago. Frown

I am using TF for loging my rides, because it WAS more stable then strava, what should i do??
thx

We are in the process of releasing new GPS tracking code in the Android app. There was an issue so a new version was just released. So check for an app update.

This new tracking code should be more reliable once the kinks are worked out. I've been using it for months and had no issues. But the issue we found the last few days was related to other languages than english.

Thanks for reply.

I am using englis version.
OK i will check new update, thanks for info!

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 7:18 Quote
Is there a trick to get polygons to show up on the map, on the mobile app?

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 9:16 Quote
Screen lock settings on iPhone 11 with latest software update.

Despite having the 'Keep Screen On" setting enabled on my TF apps - the only way to avoid the screen locking is to turn off the Auto-Lock feature in my settings.

Any suggestions for a fix?

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 15:05 Quote
Hi, I am unable to log in, it says there is a problem with your login. Please help me sort this out.

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 15:26 Quote
On May 9th I did a ride that Trailforks recorded as 18.1 miles and 2339' of climb. Today I did the exact ride and the new Trailforks app says I rode 17.2 miles and did 1965' of climb. 5% difference on miles and 16% on feet of climb. What's going on?

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 6:18 Quote
DD196 wrote:
On May 9th I did a ride that Trailforks recorded as 18.1 miles and 2339' of climb. Today I did the exact ride and the new Trailforks app says I rode 17.2 miles and did 1965' of climb. 5% difference on miles and 16% on feet of climb. What's going on?

Adding fuel to the fire by pointing out another difference: the ride on the 9th you got credit for completing two more trails than the ride on the 23rd.

Good luck.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 17:00 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
DD196 wrote:

Adding fuel to the fire by pointing out another difference: the ride on the 9th you got credit for completing two more trails than the ride on the 23rd.

Good luck.

I missed that, you can see the recorded route is exactly the same. Is anyone else having problems with the revised app?

Mod Outside+
Posted: May 26, 2022 at 18:02 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Is there a trick to get polygons to show up on the map, on the mobile app?

They are shown by default. Do you see none or just missing a specific one? Maybe delete and re-download your region.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 3:52 Quote
I've been using TF on my Samsung Galaxy (S7, then S10, now S21) for years.
Always sync rides to Strava. This used to work automatically after you selected
it for one ridelog when saving.

The latest upgrade to TF happened about a week ago (v 1.58.3)
After the upgrade, I noticed my first few rides did not sync to strava.
I manually synced them.
Next ride, noticed the "Sync to Strava" slider was turned 'off' on the ridelog
save screen, so I set it to "on", and it synced to strava just fine.
Next ride, on the save screen, the slider was again set to 'off'.
I cannot find a way to make this option 'sticky', or "on" by default.

Why did this change? Anyone find a way to work around this?

thanks

Mod Outside+
Posted: May 27, 2022 at 12:16 Quote
It is supposed to by sticky, meaning it remembers the last used state. I'll submit a bug report!

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 23:17 Quote
I can't rate trails on the iOS app.

It always tells: "unable to submit rating to server. error: no connection to the server."

Mod Outside+
Posted: May 30, 2022 at 11:40 Quote
JohSch wrote:
I can't rate trails on the iOS app.

It always tells: "unable to submit rating to server. error: no connection to the server."

Thanks for reporting, fixed that issue.

Posted: May 31, 2022 at 6:34 Quote
canadaka wrote:
It is supposed to by sticky, meaning it remembers the last used state. I'll submit a bug report!

Thanks. Looking forward to it being fixed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010531
Mobile Version of Website