Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
Hi there, I am unable to sign into my Trailforks account on the iOS Trailforks App. I hopped over to my computer to try my login details and was able to successfully login. Using the same details, I received error "Login info invalid (code 002)"
after carefully typing and attempting several times to make sure it wasn't user error in typing, I still received the error. I did a password reset. Was able to successfully login with the password reset on the computer, but again was unable to sign into the account on the app. I received the same error "Login info invalid (code 002)"

I then tried to login with my Apple email info and received the same error. Can you help?

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 11:59 Quote
Using Pro version on Samsung S10 and I can no longer sync routes from my wishlist. I've tried deleting all of my routes and uninstalling the app, deleting cache, storage etc. But it still won't sync. Trails and regions sync fine. When trying to sync routes it just sits and spins...

Mod O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 15:29 Quote
marywuest wrote:
Hi there, I am unable to sign into my Trailforks account on the iOS Trailforks App. I hopped over to my computer to try my login details and was able to successfully login. Using the same details, I received error "Login info invalid (code 002)"
after carefully typing and attempting several times to make sure it wasn't user error in typing, I still received the error. I did a password reset. Was able to successfully login with the password reset on the computer, but again was unable to sign into the account on the app. I received the same error "Login info invalid (code 002)"

I then tried to login with my Apple email info and received the same error. Can you help?

tbrady wrote:
Using Pro version on Samsung S10 and I can no longer sync routes from my wishlist. I've tried deleting all of my routes and uninstalling the app, deleting cache, storage etc. But it still won't sync. Trails and regions sync fine. When trying to sync routes it just sits and spins...

For both these issues, I would start by deleting and reinstalling the app to start fresh.

@marywuest your account has Pro status, so logging into the app with that username should work. Reinstall the app to start fresh.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 15:37 Quote
canadaka wrote:
marywuest wrote:

tbrady wrote:

For both these issues, I would start by deleting and reinstalling the app to start fresh.

@marywuest your account has Pro status, so logging into the app with that username should work. Reinstall the app to start fresh.

@Canadaka - I've already deleted and reinstalled a few times. I've confirmed this is only happening on Android. I took a friends iPhone and was able to sync my routes. I tried a different android device that has never had trailforks on it and I'm getting the same spinning for routes...

Mod O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 15:38 Quote
What is your app version?

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 4:46 Quote
Over the last couple of months I've been having an issue with the app randomly shutting down on me mid ride. I've been recording my rides in Trailforks for years. However recently almost every ride I'll start recording then either mid ride when I want to check my location or end or ride when I want to stop recording, I notice the app has shut down on my phone and as a result has stopped recording. When I re-open the app it asks if I want to start recording again where I left off, which is usually only a couple kms into my ride, meaning most of the ride was lost. Pretty frustrating.

This seems to have started a couple months ago when the app was updated. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, which did seem to work the first couple times I used it after, but now back to the same problems. Pixel 4 phone, Android v12, Trailforks v1.58.5.

Anyone else experienced this? I'm at the point now where I need to use Strava or Garmin to record rides (no issues with either) and can no longer rely on Trailforks.

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 6:33 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
Over the last couple of months I've been having an issue with the app randomly shutting down on me mid ride. I've been recording my rides in Trailforks for years. However recently almost every ride I'll start recording then either mid ride when I want to check my location or end or ride when I want to stop recording, I notice the app has shut down on my phone and as a result has stopped recording. When I re-open the app it asks if I want to start recording again where I left off, which is usually only a couple kms into my ride, meaning most of the ride was lost. Pretty frustrating.

This seems to have started a couple months ago when the app was updated. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, which did seem to work the first couple times I used it after, but now back to the same problems. Pixel 4 phone, Android v12, Trailforks v1.58.5.

Anyone else experienced this? I'm at the point now where I need to use Strava or Garmin to record rides (no issues with either) and can no longer rely on Trailforks.

I've tried recording on TF, but found that it used my phone battery very quickly so I use my Garmin watch to record rides and then sync to TF.
Maybe your phone is going into some version of "Power Save Mode" and shutting itself down to preserve battery life? Just a guess.
Good luck.

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 6:39 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
I've tried recording on TF, but found that it used my phone battery very quickly so I use my Garmin watch to record rides and then sync to TF.
Maybe your phone is going into some version of "Power Save Mode" and shutting itself down to preserve battery life? Just a guess.
Good luck.

I've been using TF to record for years without issues or battery problems. I prefer recording in TF vs Strava/Garmin since it's nice to see where you've already been on the map when navigating. Recording in Strava on the same phone works fine so don't think it's going into power save mode. It just seem that for whatever reason the app is shutting itself down. This is new within the last couple months.

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 6:47 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
Good luck.

I've been using TF to record for years without issues or battery problems. I prefer recording in TF vs Strava/Garmin since it's nice to see where you've already been on the map when navigating. Recording in Strava on the same phone works fine so don't think it's going into power save mode. It just seem that for whatever reason the app is shutting itself down. This is new within the last couple months.

Sounds like a TF specific issue then.

BTW - the Garmin Fenix (and other devices) will also show the track you have completed so you know where you've been.

Good luck.

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 7:21 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
Sounds like a TF specific issue then.

BTW - the Garmin Fenix (and other devices) will also show the track you have completed so you know where you've been.

Good luck.

Thanks. Yeah, I can see where I've been on the Garmin and in Strava too. But looking at the map in the TF app is much much easier to use. Just want it to work the way it used to. Completely stumped here on what might be causing it...

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 8:17 Quote
Individual apps can have their own power settings as well, something to keep in mind. Not saying its the cause, but might be one explanation why Strava works but TF puts itself to sleep.

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 8:38 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Individual apps can have their own power settings as well, something to keep in mind. Not saying its the cause, but might be one explanation why Strava works but TF puts itself to sleep.

Thanks, this is helpful. I noticed that within the TF app the Battery Usage setting is currently set to "Optimised". Although Strava is also set to Optimised and it's working as expected, I guess I'll try setting TF to "Unrestricted" and see if that fixes the problem.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006682
Mobile Version of Website