Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
Mod O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2023 at 16:44 Quote
KineticFear wrote:
Version 1.62: Ride logs have lost the directional arrow to show which way a route was ridden (the white line is there but no arrow)

Anyone have a similar issue?

Android or iOS? I see the arrows on my ridelogs on Android.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2023 at 20:04 Quote
Hi. I had to take a couple of months off, now I'm getting back on and I'm getting a lot of straight lines on my tracks. I've tried/done everything I can including uninstalling/reinstalling app. Don't understand how to send a track for debugging. Any help appreciated.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2023 at 20:26 Quote
DD196 wrote:
Hi. I had to take a couple of months off, now I'm getting back on and I'm getting a lot of straight lines on my tracks. I've tried/done everything I can including uninstalling/reinstalling app. Don't understand how to send a track for debugging. Any help appreciated.

https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/112/

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 16:10 Quote
canadaka wrote:
DD196 wrote:

Thanks. I did everything I could do in that link before. Android 13 in a Samsung A425G. When I try to send a debug report from the app I get "ERROR No email setup on this device" message. Still getting straight lines. Also the recording time seems to be way low when recording but it seems to save a correct time. Thanks again.

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 17:41 Quote
canadaka wrote:
KineticFear wrote:
Version 1.62: Ride logs have lost the directional arrow to show which way a route was ridden (the white line is there but no arrow)

Anyone have a similar issue?

Android or iOS? I see the arrows on my ridelogs on Android.

I am on iOS, please see the screenshot below

photo

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2023 at 14:24 Quote
thanks, I've made an issue for our iOS dev.

Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 18:37 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Hillslope59 wrote:
Cannot edit free area. I have only recently started using the app on Android. Problem now is that I cannot set my free area. I had issues with login and setup getting login failures and did not setup a free area, but it seems to have an area of ocean off Africa. I get the link to edit the address but it never saves.

Can you take some screenshots of this issue and email them to trevor@trailforks.com

Thanks. Finally after deleting the app and restarting a couple of times it has now decided to work. Have been able to edit the map. Just would not save the final location, but now it has.

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2023 at 5:59 Quote
canadaka wrote:
I'm having this same issue...iOS.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2023 at 13:59 Quote
DD196 wrote:
canadaka wrote:
DD196 wrote:

Thanks. I did everything I could do in that link before. Android 13 in a Samsung A425G. When I try to send a debug report from the app I get "ERROR No email setup on this device" message. Still getting straight lines. Also the recording time seems to be way low when recording but it seems to save a correct time. Thanks again.

I'm having the same issue on samsung S22 Android 13, recording broken, only get ~10% of track, rest are straight lines -- there is no "allow all the time" option for location services permission

UPDATE: uninstalled and reinstalled app, getting a good track recording now -- but total ride time is still only a fraction of actual. Location permission set to 'only while using app'

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2023 at 3:24 Quote
hi, last month i cannot log rides, it logs, didnt sync up, and if i click in app on logged but not synced rides, it print: err_no_points

and great, now i recover my pinkbike passwrd - works on pc, didnt work on app....

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2023 at 12:26 Quote
roguephotog wrote:
canadaka wrote:
I'm having this same issue...iOS.

@canadaka, version 1.63.1 and this issue still exists. Not arrows showing riding direction and there are also no red/green dots for start/stop points. Still on iOS, when will this be fixed?

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 9:02 Quote
Recently I've noticed my ridelogs are not tracking my routes accurately, and under reporting the total distance for the ride. This is happening on my Samsung S22+ running Android 13 with latest security updates. If you look at this sample you can see the straight lines around corners which seems to show that Trailforks GPS sampling rate is very low. Its particularly noticeable in the tight single track in upper quadrant.

photo

I believe the root cause is that Trailforks no longer has the "Allow always" location permission available to it:

photo

Other apps on my phone that use GPS have "Allow always" available and selected are providing a much more accurate log and total distances that match closely to actual.

Mod O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 10:19 Quote
Android no longer requires or recommends "Allow Always".

Be sure to read this guide, battery settings can make a big impact.

If you do a ride with Trailforks and another app recording, do they produce similar results?

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 10:52 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Android no longer requires or recommends "Allow Always".

Be sure to read this guide, battery settings can make a big impact.

If you do a ride with Trailforks and another app recording, do they produce similar results?

So that was my exactly my point, another app I used to record my rides is producing significantly better results.

This app is called Zepp Life and is used by my Mi Band smart watch to record my ride at the same time that Trailforks is doing so. It uses the phone GPS and the tracklogs it produces are less jaggy and the total ride distance is much closer to actual vs. the 5kms missing from my 35km ride yesterday.

Here are the location settings for that app:

photo

I understand that these settings strive to provide a balance between battery life, performance, and privacy, but why not let the user decide if they are willing to trade off some additional battery drain to get more accuracy?

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 11:25 Quote
I think it's more a security issue than battery thing.

Is trailforks going to sleep in the background?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.031435
Mobile Version of Website