Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 11:26 Quote
What would cause a trail to be missing from the app, but I can see in on the website map?

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 12:21 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Be sure to read this guide, battery settings can make a big impact.
https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/112/

So I combed through that document and found something that might help under the Disable Battery Savings Mode section.

My Trailforks app had Battery set to Optimized. I've changed it to Unrestricted, hopefully this will help.

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 15:13 Quote
I can't seem to save a waypoint on the app on iOS. The screen I see is different than the screen that's shown under the help page. What I see are buttons for weather, Drive directions, Share location, and Route to Parking. That's different than what's shown here: https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/156/
Am I missing something?

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 15:33 Quote
I can't add waypoints on a Mac on OS Monterey 12.6.3 on Safari 16.3. [Update- still can't add them after upgrade to Monterey 12.6.5 and Safari 16.4.1]

I am able to add waypoints on the same Mac on Chrome.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2023 at 17:12 Quote
deleted (wrong thread)

Mod O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2023 at 18:56 Quote
kwarwick43 wrote:
canadaka wrote:
Be sure to read this guide, battery settings can make a big impact.
https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/112/

So I combed through that document and found something that might help under the Disable Battery Savings Mode section.

My Trailforks app had Battery set to Optimized. I've changed it to Unrestricted, hopefully this will help.

photo

Yes this can help.

You sure your Zepp isn't getting GPS from the watch though?

On modern versions of Android, you are not supposed to need "always" and its not recommended. Even apps like Strava don't use it. However even if you are telling the OS you are tracking with the GPS, it can still shutdown your app. The battery optimization setting can help.

thill1111 wrote:
I can't seem to save a waypoint on the app on iOS. The screen I see is different than the screen that's shown under the help page. What I see are buttons for weather, Drive directions, Share location, and Route to Parking. That's different than what's shown here: https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/156/
Am I missing something?

The iOS app still doesn't support adding waypoints, only the Android app currently.

First time i've heard of an issue adding a waypoint on the website though.

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2023 at 6:06 Quote
canadaka wrote:

You sure your Zepp isn't getting GPS from the watch though?

The watch I'm using with Zepp Life is a Mi Band 6... it doesn't have its own GPS... too small/cheap to have one.

Posted: Apr 24, 2023 at 1:18 Quote
Hi!

I have an issue with login in Trailforks App (login info invalid code 004). I can login on my website account, but not in app. I have even change my password, but doesn't work on the app.

Any ideas?

Thank you, Zoran, username zocknroll

Mod O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2023 at 22:52 Quote
zocknroll wrote:
Hi!

I have an issue with login in Trailforks App (login info invalid code 004). I can login on my website account, but not in app. I have even change my password, but doesn't work on the app.

Any ideas?

Thank you, Zoran, username zocknroll

It seems the password is wrong, the logs show "Unable to log in with provided credentials. Invalid input.".
Maybe there is some weird cached data in the app. I would delete and reinstall the app.

Posted: Apr 24, 2023 at 23:48 Quote
Hi!

I have done it the way you suggested, magically it works fine now, hehe

Thank you, Zoran

O+
Posted: May 5, 2023 at 9:09 Quote
This is a minor issue. After editing a ride log to crop the ride (accidentally left it recording while driving back home in car), the thumbnail map in the iOS app doesn't update. It still shows a yellow line for the road taken while driving home. If you click into the thumbnail, the map correctly displays the edited ride.

Thanks for a great app/website!

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 14:41 Quote
BattleGoat wrote:
Is there any plan to allow users to pair wahoo tickr or cadence to Trailforks to capture all ride data in one place?

thx.

Not seeing response to this. Any sesne @canadaka? It would be great to record with nothing more than Trailforks. Right now, I have to record with TF and with Wahoo at the same time.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2023 at 13:51 Quote
Trailforks app on Android not recording route.

It records the start location, I put my phone in my pocket for the ride, take it out at the end of the ride and it records the stop location, then draws a straight line between the two points.

Location services ON.
App has ALL permissions available to it.
OS Android 13

Sometimes I don't even get the straight line. I pull down to sync and get the Error: LOAD_RECORDING_NOPOINTS.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and no luck.

Anyone else have this issue?

Posted: Jun 16, 2023 at 13:56 Quote
Schmolson wrote:
Trailforks app on Android not recording route.

It records the start location, I put my phone in my pocket for the ride, take it out at the end of the ride and it records the stop location, then draws a straight line between the two points.

Location services ON.
App has ALL permissions available to it.
OS Android 13

Sometimes I don't even get the straight line. I pull down to sync and get the Error: LOAD_RECORDING_NOPOINTS.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and no luck.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thing to look at - make sure you don't have any power or battery saving modes enabled. Could be the app is hibernating.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2023 at 8:12 Quote
Why is Trailforks detecting chair lifts in places there are clearly no chair lifts, such as riding the Don Valley trails in Toronto?

https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/53788183/

4.7kms removed from my ride distance because of chair lifts?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014084
Mobile Version of Website