Irish Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Irish Riders Thread
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 29, 2016 at 12:31 Quote
calhoun wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:
Hmm, bike park would probably be a bit of a journey then. If you want to travel that distance you may as well go up to Rostrevor up north and bring a DH bike. But the best thing to do would be to ride the enduro (or downhill) trails in Ticknock, Djouce, and Carrick where the EWS is. Nearby too

Any experience, comments about these guys? Not going to be practical to bring my bike with me.

http://www.biking.ie/index.php/day-tours/enduro-mountain-bike-tour

BTW, really appreciate your responses!
Those are literally the same guys that created one of the best EWS rounds ever. So yeah, they're good! Big Grin

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2016 at 16:09 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Those are literally the same guys that created one of the best EWS rounds ever. So yeah, they're good! Big Grin

Well then, I need to get them to respond to my email! Hoping to set up something with them while I am over there.

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 12:36 Quote
Hey Guys I was at the EWS last weekend..
I'm staying till wednesday in Ireland, are there any trails around....

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 13:30 Quote
I'll assume you're staying up near Wicklow.. As for trails you're in the right spot! Carrick will be grand to go in tomorrow, but I guess your probably sick of that hill! There are other good options too like Djouce and Ticknock and maybe even Ballinastoe if you're in the need for something a bit easier. There are plenty others but that's all I know from enduro races. The actual good trails are a bit hard to find, so your best bet would be to either do Carrick again, or head down to Ticknock or Ballinastoe and go to the Biking.ie hut in the carpark and ask for them to point you in the right direction. I'll try and see if I can find some maps for you, but they're a bit hard to make head or tails of!

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 15:38 Quote
Anyone here ever ridden the Bigwood enduro trails or done a Vitus enduro?

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 3:53 Quote
been itching to get to both bike park and Rostrevor for ages , not so much for the downhill more for the trail centre it self.

Live an hour from ballyhoura and love it there , the tech loops are swesome .

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 14:17 Quote
Rostrever trail centre isn't great IMO. I only did the descent of the black and it was all these random rock drops that ruined the flow. Even the proper downhill runs aren't all they lived up to be, it's a bit overhyped for all the trail centre bits. Blessingbourne is really good if you're in the area and I'm sure Davagh is too (race there this weekend I think). Love all the trails in BPI though. Go there as soon as you can, I love it, but then again everyone's opinion differs. The blue trail is really nice, think Ballyhoura Tech 2 (bermy one) on steroids!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008236
Mobile Version of Website