Show Your Mondraker!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Show Your Mondraker!
Posted: Feb 18, 2016 at 4:13 Quote
Here it is...my nnew ride Wink what do you think? Any improvements?

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 at 6:55 Quote
great bikes lads. I think ill be updating the old Kaiser soon after seeing these beautys

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 at 10:54 Quote
Robben21 wrote:
Here it is...my nnew ride Wink what do you think? Any improvements?

photo

photo

photo

photo

Great looking bike. What about ditching the 2 by system and going single ring up front?

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 10:13 Quote
Getting closer! Bit stuck at the moment, as the stem that came with was the 31.8 bar, rather than the 35 that I was expecting. Patience is not my strong point Cry

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 11:16 Quote
Awesome build, is the frame orange and black? Some pictures make it look more red.

Currently deliberating between a foxy and a dune.

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 23:13 Quote
kristoffrides wrote:
Awesome build, is the frame orange and black? Some pictures make it look more red.

Currently deliberating between a foxy and a dune.

Yeah, it's orange - crappy cameraphone in crappy light. I have one photo where it looks pink Confused

I was also looking at the Dune (and other 160mm enduro frames) but decided it would be too much bike for me 90% of the time. I've plonked 160mm forks on it which I'll probably lower a bit, then bring them back up for alpine trips etc. I have it on good authority that the geometry is such that you'll still feel confident on gnarly terrain.

Hit up Rob @ bikeactive for a quote. He did me an immense frame & fork deal. Top bloke too.

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 14:46 Quote
Just the steerer and cables now

photo

Posted: Mar 4, 2016 at 2:42 Quote
aaaaand done. Did upload to PB but it's mashed them up downsizing them :S

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2016 at 12:13 Quote
Any prime owners out there????

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 5:40 Quote
is this thread still alive?

Hope so - struggling to find a dedicated mondraker/foxy page Big Grin

I have a 2015 foxy r and need a new headset, but i cannot find for love nor money and specifications of the head tube; internal/external diameter for top/bottom.

I actually take a ruler to the bike and gone to look on FSA's headset finder but does nothing to help me. Mondrakers site has no detailed specs and i haven't heard anything back from Mondraker after emailing them a few days ago.

anyway; hope someone responds.

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 7:26 Quote
mtbr's forum has a foxy page.

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 8:21 Quote
baddevotions wrote:

I have a 2015 foxy r and need a new headset, but i cannot find for love nor money and specifications of the head tube; internal/external diameter for top/bottom.

I actually take a ruler to the bike and gone to look on FSA's headset finder but does nothing to help me. Mondrakers site has no detailed specs and i haven't heard anything back from Mondraker after emailing them a few days ago.

A google of the bike spec shows the fsa 57. Which should basically be a zs56 lower and a zs46 upper.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 12:28 Quote
mgolder wrote:
baddevotions wrote:

A google of the bike spec shows the fsa 57. Which should basically be a zs56 lower and a zs46 upper.

Cheers for responding! The thing thats confusing the hell out of me is that the FSA No. 57 keeps coming up to fit a 1 1/8 steerer, but the frame and fork i have are both tapered.

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 12:39 Quote
You don't need to buy an fsa headset though. Dozens of companies make zs56 and zs46 parts.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 13:16 Quote
mgolder wrote:
You don't need to buy an fsa headset though. Dozens of companies make zs56 and zs46 parts.

sorry to sound like a numpty, but i can't find zs46 bits... plenty of zs44 and zs49... no zs46's :S

EDIT: Think i've cracked it.

I think this is the current headset: http://fsa-4207.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/NO.57E.pdf so i've just simply tracked down the bearings : FSA TH-873 (top) and FSA TH073 (bottom) and ordered them. Saves me having to try and replace the entire headset

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011489
Mobile Version of Website