rennie? slopestyle???

PB Forum :: Downhill
rennie? slopestyle???
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 2:24 Quote
madisonracing1 wrote:
Most of us racers can do all the tricks you little "slopestyle" kids with girls pants on can do. Granted there are a good amount who are really talented but most BMXers are much better. Racers are better mountain bike riders.
highly doubt that, and i dont wear girls pants, first of all, go climb a hill, second you probably wear lycra so i wouldnt talk if i were you, third most jumps i see in races i would gobble up for breakfast
now, lets see, robbie bourdon, cam mccaul and kyle strait are all slopestyle riders, they also do DH, now usually run ins for alot of their massive jumps are similar to dh courses, but there are huge jumps at the end, and they trick them, like robbie 360'd a 70 ft gap, lets see a racer do that
and ive seen rennie do park, so not surprised he would do slopestyle

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 2:27 Quote
tommyt wrote:
ive seen gee atherton backflip a big sized gap/drop and eat shit.... he could land it easy with a couple more tries... maybe already has... but the point is after he tried it he just says something along the lines like clowning around doing stupid shit. he doesnt care about those clown tricks... the real riders know that the skills on a bike involve downhill/4x/xc kinda riding... not that clown slopestyle stuff all the kiddies are doing these days " wow look at me i can take my hands and feet off my bike and jiggle them around in the air" yeah thats great... try railing a berm or taking a proper pedal stroke.
youre just jealos because Andrue Larcondeguy (spelling?) could whip your ass in a downhill race, even if he hucks a backflip in his run (for the record this has happened before lol)

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 2:31 Quote
mat-DHer wrote:
tommyt wrote:
ive seen gee atherton backflip a big sized gap/drop and eat shit.... he could land it easy with a couple more tries... maybe already has... but the point is after he tried it he just says something along the lines like clowning around doing stupid shit. he doesnt care about those clown tricks... the real riders know that the skills on a bike involve downhill/4x/xc kinda riding... not that clown slopestyle stuff all the kiddies are doing these days " wow look at me i can take my hands and feet off my bike and jiggle them around in the air" yeah thats great... try railing a berm or taking a proper pedal stroke.
youre just jealos because Andrue Larcondeguy (spelling?) could whip your ass in a downhill race, even if he hucks a backflip in his run (for the record this has happened before lol)
lol,oh and tommy, lets see you do some tricks, even a simple lookback 180 or foot plant, just an easy no footer even
they are equal, just different skills, get over yourself already! Really Mad

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 2:38 Quote
tommyt wrote:
cdavis wrote:
Exactly, and most riders who excel at one area of the sport are generally good at all areas. I don't really hate all racers, just ones that rag on the trick aspect of riding and say that racing is the only way to go.

yeah you'll find well rounded riders that can do these tricks. Like i was saying gee atherton can backflip drop and couldnt care less. Now what im saying is that doing these tricks doesnt help u in anyway when it comes down to actual real mountainbiking. Seriously like slopestyle is clown biking to me, mountain biking is all about having full control of your bike, having serious skills to tackle any terrain and feature, intense physical shape which includes stuff like cardio and time in the gym and mental preperations. what good is your tricks when u cant keep up on a cross country trail because your too tired? what good is your tricks when u cant ride your bike down the most technical of features? what good are your tricks when u havnt learnt to take a proper pedal stroke? honestly come on have fun doing what u like to do by all means but like im telling u now the tricks arnt what real mountain biking is about. ride!

edit: also take a look at yourself and take into account your current physical shape/ stature. now take a look at any top world cup pro and notice the difference. you can physically not hang with these guys on or off a bike.
you fagot, all those slopestyle riders spend hours in the gym. think of the core body strength (thats abs dude) it would take to get outa a superman back flip. i bet alot of those guys could kick your ass in a gym comp. look at Darren Barecloth and Andrue Lacondeguy, there Fukin tank! also, if youve seen the seasons movie then you wuda seen that cam Mccaul puts alot effort into mental prep and Getin in the zone befor a contest. i no for a fact that Lacondeguy could own you in a DH race coz he used to do it as his sport and was rite up thea with the top guys in his country

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 2:40 Quote
peaty shreds at Dirtjumpin aswell. he can 360 nd backflip

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 3:15 Quote
mat-DHer wrote:
tommyt wrote:
cdavis wrote:
Exactly, and most riders who excel at one area of the sport are generally good at all areas. I don't really hate all racers, just ones that rag on the trick aspect of riding and say that racing is the only way to go.

yeah you'll find well rounded riders that can do these tricks. Like i was saying gee atherton can backflip drop and couldnt care less. Now what im saying is that doing these tricks doesnt help u in anyway when it comes down to actual real mountainbiking. Seriously like slopestyle is clown biking to me, mountain biking is all about having full control of your bike, having serious skills to tackle any terrain and feature, intense physical shape which includes stuff like cardio and time in the gym and mental preperations. what good is your tricks when u cant keep up on a cross country trail because your too tired? what good is your tricks when u cant ride your bike down the most technical of features? what good are your tricks when u havnt learnt to take a proper pedal stroke? honestly come on have fun doing what u like to do by all means but like im telling u now the tricks arnt what real mountain biking is about. ride!

edit: also take a look at yourself and take into account your current physical shape/ stature. now take a look at any top world cup pro and notice the difference. you can physically not hang with these guys on or off a bike.
you fagot, all those slopestyle riders spend hours in the gym. think of the core body strength (thats abs dude) it would take to get outa a superman back flip. i bet alot of those guys could kick your ass in a gym comp. look at Darren Barecloth and Andrue Lacondeguy, there Fukin tank! also, if youve seen the seasons movie then you wuda seen that cam Mccaul puts alot effort into mental prep and Getin in the zone befor a contest. i no for a fact that Lacondeguy could own you in a DH race coz he used to do it as his sport and was rite up thea with the top guys in his country
yeah, all those guys are tanks, you use up alot of energy in a very short amount of time doing tricks, especially spinning, so you have to be fit and have stamina if you wanna win contests, since your riding all day pulling massive tricks
and you got owned in this thread

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 4:27 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
madisonracing1 wrote:
Most of us racers can do all the tricks you little "slopestyle" kids with girls pants on can do. Granted there are a good amount who are really talented but most BMXers are much better. Racers are better mountain bike riders.
highly doubt that, and i dont wear girls pants, first of all, go climb a hill, second you probably wear lycra so i wouldnt talk if i were you, third most jumps i see in races i would gobble up for breakfast
now, lets see, robbie bourdon, cam mccaul and kyle strait are all slopestyle riders, they also do DH, now usually run ins for alot of their massive jumps are similar to dh courses, but there are huge jumps at the end, and they trick them, like robbie 360'd a 70 ft gap, lets see a racer do that
and ive seen rennie do park, so not surprised he would do slopestyle
yeah but i wouldnt call bourdon slopestyle, more of a silly hucker, but still talented i guess.
i think you'l find BMXers are the ones wearing Girls pants buddy, Skinny Jeans are not manly.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 4:35 Quote
mat-DHer wrote:
nwd26 wrote:
cdavis wrote:
He can trick, he wouldn't do well on a Slopestyle course though. Although he did bust out a weird corked flip in the 05 Crankworx. Who knows...Gee Atherton's surprising too, he can 3 drops.

gee atherton just may be the best all-round bike rider out there...tyler mccaul is one to watch though
lol is that a cross between tyler morland and cam mccaul
extreme Grom comment, you obviously dont know your mountain bikers properly, Tyler is Cam's younger brother, and hes real good

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 5:11 Quote
renie = ultra mega - mega man!

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 9:42 Quote
mat-DHer wrote:
nwd26 wrote:
cdavis wrote:
He can trick, he wouldn't do well on a Slopestyle course though. Although he did bust out a weird corked flip in the 05 Crankworx. Who knows...Gee Atherton's surprising too, he can 3 drops.

gee atherton just may be the best all-round bike rider out there...tyler mccaul is one to watch though

you gravedug a thread from february just to say something that stupid? come on.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
Cam has a little brother named Tyler, and he shreds just as hard.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 10:55 Quote
mat-DHer wrote:
nwd26 wrote:
cdavis wrote:

You bumbed up a thread that hasn't be posted in in months for that?

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 12:09 Quote
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
mat-DHer wrote:
nwd26 wrote:

You bumbed up a thread that hasn't be posted in in months for that?
i found this thread from the recently used threads, sorry for not knowing who tyler mccaul is, Im a racer so i don't no as much about DJ but don't get me wrong im not like those other fagot racers playa hatn on DJers as i do a bit myself

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 12:13 Quote
mat-DHer wrote:
i found this thread from the recently used threads, sorry for not knowing who tyler mccaul is, Im a racer so i don't no as much about DJ but don't get me wrong im not like those other fagot racers playa hatn on DJers as i do a bit myself

recently used? before you, the last post was in february

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 13:34 Quote
Phil-rides-a-bike wrote:
mat-DHer wrote:
nwd26 wrote:

extreme Grom comment, you obviously dont know your mountain bikers properly, Tyler is Cam's younger brother, and hes real good

Tyler Morland he said. No relation to Cam. Seriously this is a stupid thread. I race DH. Its all I do. I think its the cats ass. I can jump and am very comfortable in the air. I cant trick for shit. I respect slopestylers so much for what they do. You think its easy to sit at the top of the boneyard knowing you have to get inverted over a 30 foot gap? It takes a real competitive mind to step up to that kind of pressure. Same pressure DHers face in the gate knowing the guy in front of you just blasted your qualifying time by 10 seconds. Theres only one thing to do in these situations, flip the gap and shred harder than you thought you ever could down the course. Same mentality, different setting, different style. I love racing and think it is the cats ass, but thats just me. Dont be a douche cause you cant jump. Show some god damned respect.

(all this is directed to the idiot at the beginning who started this shit, except for the top bit, which is simply stating a fact)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.038976
Mobile Version of Website