Giant Stance 27.5 2 upgrades?

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Stance 27.5 2 upgrades?
  • Next Page
Posted: May 26, 2017 at 4:05 Quote
Phil-Dammit wrote:
I'll revive this post....

Bought the wife a 2015 Stance 1 27.5 Small. Have already swapped tires for High rollers, RF grips, platform pedals, and dropper post. Looking to do some more upgrades on the bike. Need to focus on suspension and drive train. Wife does not ride all too often and I use the bike for short course trails around town when she doesn ride. Looking for fork and shock upgrade that suites both 120 and 180lb riders that wont kill the wallet. Not looking to get anything brand new and over the top. Just something that can take a beating and allow the bike to flow through the chop better.

Also looking to swap to a BB for single cassette and better gear ratio. Taller first and a lower final would be fantastic. What are my options. What I can do to update the cassette and derailleur?

Thanks.

You want to upgrade drivetrain and suspension, that will probably be too much (1-2K at least) and you will still not get as good suspension system as Maestro.
Would suggest to sell Stance and get Trance if you want a bike that will take proper beating. Stance is more like "Giant wannabe" bike made for low price and without Maestro :-) Get Trance (or maybe AnthemSX even) and you will have no need to upgrade.

Posted: Jun 13, 2017 at 23:17 Quote
I just picked up a 17' Stance and I love it. I want to put a shorter stem on it maybe 50-60mm. I was just randomly looking at stems and digging around and came across some info about the OverDrive system and the possibility of there being a 1 1/4" steer tube rather than the usual 1 1/8". Then came across OverDrive 2 that's has another set of dimensions. Can anybody fill me in. Does my bike have the standard 1 1/8"?

Posted: Jun 14, 2017 at 5:33 Quote
DudeFromAlaska wrote:
I just picked up a 17' Stance and I love it. I want to put a shorter stem on it maybe 50-60mm. I was just randomly looking at stems and digging around and came across some info about the OverDrive system and the possibility of there being a 1 1/4" steer tube rather than the usual 1 1/8". Then came across OverDrive 2 that's has another set of dimensions. Can anybody fill me in. Does my bike have the standard 1 1/8"?

You have Overdrive, which is the usual/standard dimension. Overdrive2 (Giant standard which didn't get popular) is not used any more on '17 bikes.

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 14:18 Quote
Anyone have any upgrade tips for rear axle?

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 10:13 Quote
i have a stance 2 that i love but i need helping finding a new wheel set. tires are worn and i also want a new hub so anyone can recommend a good set of wheels that are strong and cheap don't care about weight and i guess a new hub. may sound dumb but i really like the loud sound so any good reliable ones?

The drive train had issues for the most part. alivio RD wasn't bad but i broke it so i bought a cheapo tourney 9 speed and it works but isnt that good. i want to upgrade to deore xt or something very soon. i will need to get a new cog especially cause some of the teeth i think are worn out in some gears but prolly go 1x10. i am currently 1x9 i ditched the 2 gears up front and put on a race face narrow wide chain ring and new sram chain. shortened the stem to 50mm i think and i love it. has a ks eten dropper which is freaking amazing for the price i love it so much. odi grips are super nice and race face Chester pedals grip well. the front rim bent so i swapped it with my friends diamondback atroz rim. here it is currently

http://imgur.com/XjqpRCy

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 12:22 Quote
mgolder wrote:
Tyres, dropper, and wheels. The standard wheels are not light at all. The tyres are not up to taking a proper beating, and a dropper is, well, a dropper and is useful to have definitely. Also, thicker stanchion forks if you can as well.

I've just sold mine, it looked like this after I'd upgraded nearly everything.

2015 Giant Stance - Small - Lots of upgrades

With the upgraded stance, what single chainring did you put on it? I've tried so many different sizes and I'm not having much luck.

Posted: Feb 1, 2018 at 9:24 Quote
I went with a Oneup oval 32t chainring and a SunRace 11-40 9 speed cassette. Had to add a Wolftooth roadlink to lower the derailleur, but it worked fine and didn't even have to readjust it.

Posted: Jul 20, 2018 at 6:04 Quote
What dropper post works on 2017 giant stance 2 ...just upgraded the drivetrain 1x11 and tires and tubeless......bought a dropper online bike shop told me not enough holes to put the wires inside?

Posted: Jul 20, 2018 at 8:14 Quote
reezzoo wrote:
What dropper post works on 2017 giant stance 2 ...just upgraded the drivetrain 1x11 and tires and tubeless......bought a dropper online bike shop told me not enough holes to put the wires inside?

I have a KS eTen-R on mine, only 100mm drop, but cheap and works well. Most external routed posts should work. For KS if they are -I or say Integra they are internal and will not work.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 12:42 Quote
I decided to purchase a 2015 Giant stance 2. I am trying to get your input on the QR wheel and how did it feel after you upgraded fork, dropper, and rear shock? I want a nice strong bike, but I don't want to spend a lot if the outcome will not be worth it.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022059
Mobile Version of Website