Back protection for trail riding

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Back protection for trail riding
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 29, 2016 at 0:38 Quote
Minor stuff, but the pack being a little high so when on steep stuff my pack blocks the free movement of my helmet slightly - It's gotten easier as the pack has worn.

A few other bits if I'm being picky:

- The main compartment could do with some webbing/straps on the inside to store stuff - my pump is stashed in the bladder pocket to stop it moving around (It was the pump which fractured my back so I'm a little aware of the damage this can do.
- The hip pocket zip doesn't work well, practically needs two hands and would be nice to open/close it easily while riding
- The small furry pocket for keys/phones is a little small for modern smart phones - just about fits my Iphone 4 but my Sony Experia would only fit in if I allowed it to rub against the key holder bit. (not sure if that makes sense)
- A helmet clip like Ospreys would be good - I normally clip my helmet on to the pack once I've finished a ride but extending the straps is a faff so it just dangles off.

However, it's an awesome pack. I've been riding with it for our a year now and love it. Perhaps a little big but gives me some security. It's quite heavy but I don't really notice it now. I love the tool compartment too.

Posted: Sep 29, 2016 at 3:58 Quote
I also have the evoc fr with the back protector. It's nice. !

Posted: Sep 29, 2016 at 12:24 Quote
I haven't tried any with an integrated backprotector but I have an Ergon BP100 back protector on my Evoc CC 10L backpack. It's not designed for that one but fits well on the big pocket for the water bladder. Makes it feel more rigid, but not unconfortable to me, and seems to add good protection adding very little weight. Althrough it reduces the space inside, so I wouldn't put it on a smaller backpack.
If was looking for a new backpack I would choose one with an integrated backprotector, but the BP100 works fine if you already have one.

Edit: I just realized you already brought a bp

Posted: Sep 29, 2016 at 15:07 Quote
You could try the Deuter Attack line of backpacks, they come in different sizes with a certified back protector. If you just want a vest maybe look at the Alpinestars Paragon vest.

Posted: Jan 23, 2018 at 5:01 Quote
Dug out this thread to ask for advice :
I'd like to buy a spine protector backpack as they're mandatory for French enduro races. I have an Evoc Fr Lite but I don't like it much (too long, too few compartments). I'm looking for a medium sized pack for one-day riding with water, spares and a jacket.

I have picked two models that look interesting :
*Dakine Drafter 14 : looks good, DK packs are usually pretty good
*Camelbak KUDU 12 : Camelbak are also reliable, not sure about the yellow/green color

Anyone tried any of those ?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011432
Mobile Version of Website