Spinner Grind Air fork disassembly issue – RESOLVED

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Spinner Grind Air fork disassembly issue – RESOLVED
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 3:33 Quote
I'm going to try and do my lads again, more thoroughly. I don't think I'll be replacing the spring I'm not that confident in my skills. Can i ask what weight oil you used?

O+
Posted: May 30, 2020 at 22:30 Quote
I just rebuilt my sons Spinner Grind 24 and I noticed that once the air cap ( with the large hex)
Is removed, the stuff a tube in the top tip wasnt necessary....there's a 6mm hex broached into the top of the air cylinder.
This made removing the bottom end caps crew much easier.

Thanks

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2020 at 10:03 Quote
Great thread folks. I have the same bike and shock. I was selling it and noticed it was seized. After getting it apart I noticed the dampening cylinder is the problem. Does anyone know where to get a replacement?
Thanks,
John

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 15:31 Quote
Hello folks.
I’ve suffered this issue in the past and was a little stumped at first but decided to get ‘agricultural’..
Finding the Allen key bolt at the bottom of the fork leg would spin but not undo due to the internal tube not being fixed, I decided the only option was to cut off the head.
With limited access, and not wishing to damage the fork leg I decided to hold my hacksaw against the bolt, then using a drill with a suitable Allen key fixed in the chuck spun the bolt.
Worked a treat and soon I’d cut the head off without damaging the leg, and without breaking sweat.
Now able to withdraw the internal tube it was pretty easy to remove what was left of the bolt using some mini stilsons.
Job done

Top Tip.. don’t use threadlock on such bolts

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015432
Mobile Version of Website