post your rc's

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
post your rc's
Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 9:59 Quote
Got the surface mechanical stuff all working and did some testing. completely useless.
The belts/pulleys slip too much and aren't going to work, there is just too much resistance from the giant, sticky tires and the weight of the thing for it to be able to tank steer with them. The motors are also not geared low enough and the wheels are too close together and they rub.

Need to lengthen the chassis and space the wheels out, switch to sprockets and chains and gear down the motors somehow.
This stupid project continues.

photo
photo

Posted: Jul 26, 2015 at 21:42 Quote
That looks like a chore.... Lol

Picked myself up a new touring car, X-ray T4'15. Such a killer car. I am too stoked on the carpet season.

Posted: Dec 9, 2015 at 18:41 Quote
Currently working on this after buying it a year ago
Tamiya VW beetle r c

Posted: Apr 2, 2016 at 17:20 Quote
Pulled this out of the basement. Think I may do a complete teardown of it, clean it up.

VXL Mini Revo, full RPM A-Arm upgrade, GPM shocks, 3Racing tires/rims. I also dyed the chassis black with some black Tintex.

Dug this out of the basement. VXL Mini Revo.all RPM parts GPM Shocks.

Dug this out of the basement. VXL Mini Revo.all RPM parts GPM Shocks.

Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 15:02 Quote
6x6 RC drift semi

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2016 at 13:29 Quote
laynehip wrote:
6x6 RC drift semi

photo

photo

Cool! I've never seena 6x6 on road car.

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 16:45 Quote
so..looking at getting a cheapish 1:10 Onroad car....I've been browsing eBay for a used Team Associated TC4 or TC3...

I've also seen 3Racings Sakura offerings being pretty cheap....although I'd need a motor and such...but I've already got a Servo, so it's just an ESC and motor I would need, I do ahve one but it's a cheap HPI 15t Brushed setup from a stock truck.

any suggestions?

Posted: Sep 10, 2017 at 1:10 Quote
Well, I scored a Team Associated TC3 with a bunch of spare parts and a set of HPI's vintage muscle car wheels for a little under $200Cad, I just need a power system and body.

Apparently the wheels are hard to come by, since HPI doesn't make them any more...

Now I jsut need a Muscle car body to complete the look.

Posted: Oct 3, 2017 at 16:13 Quote
She's fast. and only 2s LiPo! Need some ABS pipe and make up a set of drift tires.

ready for some mad skids. Test run went great.

Also got an R34 Body I plan to use as a Rally body...got some LED light buckets and a front bumper to mount some Auxillary lights to. Rally tireset too.

Posted: Oct 13, 2017 at 21:08 Quote
She certainly looks pretty. Any videos off of it in action?

Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 1:40 Quote
I saw this Maisto R/C Rock Crawler Radio Control and bought this for my nephew but guess what? I'm the one who is enjoying this toy. Sharing my experience.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 1:40 Quote
Alright had to share this with you guys. I was at home Depot and saw this. Ryobi 1/10 scale truck that runs off power tool batteries. $98 cad for the truck, charger and battery. I needed a new battery for my tool set so I figured why the hell not, it's the same price as a charger and battery kit. I didn't expect much but I'm impressed. This thing is quick and has some serious torque (18v motor). It maxes out at 20mph but I think that's only because of the gearing. Its just a single speed. It could be faster. Its hobby grade so the wheels, body and suspension, maybe even the motor can be upgraded. If you want an r/c and can't afford to spend $400+ this is a great option.

photo

Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 3:36 Quote
That’s a pretty solid idea until your kid gets ahold of it and your drill is perpetually dead.

I just Amazoned it, and there is another 1/10 scale I found that allegedly uses multiple drill batteries and hits 30mpg. I might add it to my wish list.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 10:17 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
That’s a pretty solid idea until your kid gets ahold of it and your drill is perpetually dead.

I just Amazoned it, and there is another 1/10 scale I found that allegedly uses multiple drill batteries and hits 30mpg. I might add it to my wish list.

Don't have kids, I'm the only kid in this house haha. I mainly bought it for the dogs and the fact that I can't justify spending hundreds or thousands on this hobby anymore. Plus the fact that it runs off of my power tools batteries. Link to the Amazon one?

Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 12:39 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

Don't have kids, I'm the only kid in this house haha. I mainly bought it for the dogs and the fact that I can't justify spending hundreds or thousands on this hobby anymore. Plus the fact that it runs off of my power tools batteries. Link to the Amazon one?

There is a monster style and a trophy style, but the monster style is $50 more and not on Amazon.

Trophy style truck

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036969
Mobile Version of Website