Kids at Bromont-what trail to ride?

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Kids at Bromont-what trail to ride?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 19, 2015 at 15:46 Quote
Hi. I'm bringing my son to Bromont for the first time this Sunday. He is 10 yrs old but a very good rider for his age and has never been on a real DH run. I have not been there myself for two years. Just looking for some suggestions on which trails we should start with. He will be riding a Kona Stinky 24.

Posted: Aug 21, 2015 at 6:18 Quote
They have actually developed a lot of intermediate trials

Trails 56 and 51 are fun. 56 there are some pedally bits but we do it full DH rigs so no problem. It is fun to get a taste of DH with out the steepness. The 51 on to the 57 is a fun combo fun jumps not too big and some new wood features that can help with the skills.

They have also smoothed out the 6 a lot, some good some bad, but made it easier over all. Still some tech but see how your kid handles the first two.

The 7 is always good but as you know it is high speed so watch out for bikes behind.

Good luck and have a blast.

Posted: Aug 21, 2015 at 13:01 Quote
Excellent info, thanks.
I was thinking 7 but like you said it's fast and a lot of people use it.

Can't wait for Sunday !!

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 5:55 Quote
How did you go?

The reason I ask is I have a kid on the way and I would love to know the chances of Him enjoying Bromont as a youngster, I know it is a few years away but a man can dream...

Posted: Sep 4, 2015 at 16:42 Quote
Went great! Bromont has their easier trails labelled for difficulty- a,b,c,d and e. We did A (21), and B (56). He loved A. Super easy but long. B was a challenge but he did well.

I forgot how, as a beginner, your hands get tired and can no longer brake and that's what happened. We only did 3 runs.(A twice and B once) Keep in mind he is only 10 yrs old.

Luckily I had a friend with me so I could do a few runs on my own Wink

Next time I'm bringing my wife and daughter. The plan is do a few runs with my son till he gets arm pump, then he can join his sister in the water park while I finish the day on the trails.

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 14:41 Quote
Outta curiosity - is it all DH here?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008233
Mobile Version of Website