Vallee Bras Du Nord - Anyone been?

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Vallee Bras Du Nord - Anyone been?
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 9:13 Quote
blazekelly wrote:
Is the Neilson the trail that has the rock garden in Canadmos pictures?
For reference she handled places like the Brant tract, Lindsay tract and Buckwallow so I'm not tooo worried. It will all be worth it to get the reward of the waterfall haha.
Every person has mentioned the Neilson so I imagine we should make the most of it while we're out that way.

She will be fine on Neilson ..she might walk a few short sections. BTW Buckwallow is my home trail system so if she's OK with that then it's all good. Be sure to do both Nielsen Nord and Sud ( Nord has some of the best scenery along the river imo) Nielsen Nord is a substantial fire road grunt to get to the trail head but for sure worth it! Smile
Also the trail to another of the signature waterfalls is a nice easy ride ( called Delaney maybe?) and not to be missed

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 4:58 Quote
Awesome guys thanks for all the advice. With these recommendations I'm sure we will have a great time exploring out there. It's still so far away but I'm excited for it like we're going next week.

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 10:05 Quote
blazekelly wrote:
Awesome guys thanks for all the advice. With these recommendations I'm sure we will have a great time exploring out there. It's still so far away but I'm excited for it like we're going next week.

Be sure to check out this website: mtbqc.ca. The routes for VBN are all great. M. Neilson is a must!

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 16:51 Quote
Great thread here. Just wanted to revive it real quick to poke a question from a few posts back...

How do all the trails in VBN/SDM handle rain? Do folks ride in the wet? Seems like they hold up well and the wet rocks still grip, but would love a local word on that.

Edit:
I've also found that all the trail centres in the area do a really good job of keeping trail status up to date on their sites/social medias
- http://www.sentiersdumoulin.com/
- http://www.valleebrasdunord.com/
- https://www.empire47.com/

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 18:03 Quote
I was there in June SDM closes in the rain I believe but not 100% on that. We did ride the rock slabs at St Raymond in the rain with no issue. We were back as far as you get from the Roquemont and got caught in a down pour.

VBN felt the same weather system other than the Neilson Nord having a ton of mud it was all good. We walked the excessively muddy parts.

This was my second year out and I absolutely love it. Will be heading back in the fall because I haven’t been able to line up the three Neilsons in one shot. I really enjoyed St.Raymond as well spend some time there, it’s free and the microbrewery is right there at the end of the ride! Little bike shop there called La Frenettes, super service took care of my wife and I in two emergency break downs.

First time to Sentier du Moulin was this year, absolutely amazing but a different style to VBN and next level for my skill level.

Have a blast, if you love to ride you’ll be back before you know it!

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 10:24 Quote
I will be riding in the area July 29th and 30th. Expecting rain on the 29th. Still going to try and ride. Will report back in a few days

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
I did a 47km at shanahan on the 17th and a 14km at St-Raymond the next day.

I would recommend doing St-Raymond first imo

trailforks.com/ridelog/view/27805347/

trailforks.com/ridelog/view/27848269/

Also, the Nelson Est climb is BRUTAL , it's not a single track switchback build climb. It's a multiuse quad/dirt bike trail that climb 500 meters up so if it's really sunny the day you're going , I would either advise to bring a lot of water or to just skip the Nelson est to focus on Nord and Sud.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 11:20 Quote
Elgaucher wrote:

Also, the Nelson Est climb is BRUTAL , it's not a single track switchback build climb. It's a multiuse quad/dirt bike trail that climb 500 meters up so if it's really sunny the day you're going

Its definitely a tough one, but just take you're time and it'll be ok.

A few of us did it (and North + South) in 40c temps a couple summers ago - after a night of beers and wine. That was a great idea! lol

What happened to the other black diamond trail which climbed a bit more from the top of Nelson Est? I can't remember its name, but it was fun...

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 12:37 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Elgaucher wrote:

Also, the Nelson Est climb is BRUTAL , it's not a single track switchback build climb. It's a multiuse quad/dirt bike trail that climb 500 meters up so if it's really sunny the day you're going

A few of us did it (and North + South) in 40c temps a couple summers ago - after a night of beers and wine. That was a great idea! lol

What happened to the other black diamond trail which climbed a bit more from the top of Nelson Est? I can't remember its name, but it was fun...

Not sure what climb you’re talking but I’ve seen they are working on a huge jumpline that start and end on the nelson est climb. It look awesome

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 12:59 Quote
Elgaucher wrote:
Canadmos wrote:
Elgaucher wrote:

Not sure what climb you’re talking but I’ve seen they are working on a huge jumpline that start and end on the nelson est climb. It look awesome

Found it, it was called Mad Max - I believe it started just after passing the Nelson Est sign at the top and added another 100 meters to the climb.

https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/3795468/#trails

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 14:37 Quote
Did the full Neilson and then rode up to Delaney falls today in the pouring rain. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised how good it held up. Was riding up hills that had streams in them and grip was very good. The rocks clung to your tires. Not what I'm used to in Southern Ontario. Did 40km in the pouring rain and would go out and do it again tomorrow. Hope that helps anybody worried about the wet.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007197
Mobile Version of Website