Plastic Pedals with Metal Pins - Any Suggestions?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Plastic Pedals with Metal Pins - Any Suggestions?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 2:27 Quote
Hi folks

I am searching for plastic pedals with metal pins. So far I found the Deity Components Compound pedals.

Are there any good/recommendable alternatives to them? Pls help!

Posted: Aug 27, 2015 at 16:39 Quote
i really like the premium bmx ones, but they do not have metal pins.

something i would like to do eventually is drill and tap for metal pins on my premiums.

i know nukeproof just released a new composite pedal with metal pins, but i am not sure if they are available yet.

Posted: Aug 27, 2015 at 18:07 Quote
Not sure why you dont want the deitys, there probably the best pedals I've ran, but if you want something cheaper I've heard good things about the odyssey jc/pc pedals

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 2:11 Quote
Well, I found the Sixpack Vegas Nylon with 350g of weight... pretty happy about them

I was just searching for cheap & lightweight Pedals. The Deitys were around 45€ here, the Sixpacks at 38€

I wonder why there isnt much more of these nylon or pc/pvc pedals with metal pins around. Best choice!

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 6:33 Quote
Search the BMX world.. I would say Danscomp.com but you are in a different country, still might be worth a look..

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 6:36 Quote
It's not back up yet but when Eastern gets Veinbmx back up and running I think one of their brNks like Ezra made affordable light PC pedals with removable metal pins.

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 6:44 Quote
https://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/465269/Stolen_Thermalite_SP_Pedals.html

https://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/465146/Odyssey_JCPC_Pedals_(Jim_Cielencki).html

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 8:51 Quote
TheRealJack wrote:
Not sure why you dont want the deitys, there probably the best pedals I've ran, but if you want something cheaper I've heard good things about the odyssey jc/pc pedals
because its ridiculous to spend 45+ dollars on a set of plastic pedals.

i know the premiums arent much cheaper, but i have a limit when it comes to pc pedals.

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 15:36 Quote
So true... I hate paying for expensive compound pedals... I'll pay up to 200 for non-plastic... But for plastics, over 50 is kinda ridiculous IMo.

Having said that, I've bought Deity compounds like 4 times now...and I'm thinking of getting another set for my xc bike.

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 15:50 Quote
I have the premium pc pedals on my eastern thunderbird and they grip great and have held up for the past 3 years. nice thing is they sell replacement frames and it's very easy to swap them out, had to do it for a neighbor kid on his bmx after a lot of grinding on concrete ledges and all the pins were gone LOL

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 15:58 Quote
thats what i like about the premiums. sure you feel like youre getting shafted when you buy em for 30-35 bucks. but if you grind/pedal slides the replacement bodies are only 10-15 bucks and take less than 5 minutes to swap out. so easy, you can even swap em on the go.

with that said, i looked on deity's site and they did not mention any replacement bodies. i had assumed they were out there, bummed to hear thats not a thing. im sure they are fine pedals, but at that price point and lack of replacement bodies; thats a big no-go for me.

FWIW, i am the 3rd set of premium bodies. I have had the original axles and bearings for appox 2.5-3 years (one side has a bearing, the other has a bushing). these are the only pedals i buy now.

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 16:01 Quote
You can also put the aluminum premium bodies on the same spindle and bearings

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 18:05 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
thats what i like about the premiums. sure you feel like youre getting shafted when you buy em for 30-35 bucks. but if you grind/pedal slides the replacement bodies are only 10-15 bucks and take less than 5 minutes to swap out. so easy, you can even swap em on the go.

with that said, i looked on deity's site and they did not mention any replacement bodies. i had assumed they were out there, bummed to hear thats not a thing. im sure they are fine pedals, but at that price point and lack of replacement bodies; thats a big no-go for me.

FWIW, i am the 3rd set of premium bodies. I have had the original axles and bearings for appox 2.5-3 years (one side has a bearing, the other has a bushing). these are the only pedals i buy now.

It actually IS a thing... I swear to god I saw them on crc... Don't bother looking now because they only have pins and spindles for compounds now. I am telling you, replacement bodies for deity compounds are out there..

If only I could find replacement bodies for my octane one nylon pro pedals... Those were even more expensive than compounds, and cracked in their 2nd week of abuse.

Posted: Aug 29, 2015 at 14:12 Quote
Ok, so I have these SixPack Vegas pedals with 350g or 0.77lb now.

what is the lightest pc/nylon pedals you know?

Posted: Aug 31, 2015 at 12:10 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:

It actually IS a thing... I swear to god I saw them on crc... Don't bother looking now because they only have pins and spindles for compounds now. I am telling you, replacement bodies for deity compounds are out there..
whew, i am glad i am not going crazy, i thought i remember seeing them at one point in time as well.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011522
Mobile Version of Website