Good Shoes for Freeride?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Good Shoes for Freeride?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 11:18 Quote
Hey PB, I'm trying to find a pair of shoes for Freeride/DH. I have liked Teva in the past, but sadly they have gotten out of the bike market. Frown I recently ordered a pair of Five Ten Freerider shoes but didn't like them. They didn't grip pedals as well as the Tevas did, they didn't have much arch support (The Tevas had a bunch which I liked because I have a high arch in my foot), and they felt really clunky and bulky on my feet. If anyone can help me out find a good comfy flat pedal shoe, that would be great! Thanks.

-Keagan

Posted: Sep 4, 2015 at 15:02 Quote
pumptrack wrote:
VANS

FL
Posted: Sep 7, 2015 at 19:57 Quote
I fourth Vans, just decided to try to ride in them today and they have better grip than my Five Tens.

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 at 11:59 Quote
I have some these Vans as my daily shoe right now and the few times I've ridden in them I've liked them better than my riding shoes.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://theoriginalwinger.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Vans-Brown.jpg

Posted: Sep 12, 2015 at 20:26 Quote
Five tens take an insanely long amount of time to break in and "feel" right.. jus sayin

Once they do theyre great

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 15, 2015 at 12:33 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
Five tens take an insanely long amount of time to break in and "feel" right.. jus sayin

Once they do theyre great

I have the Specialized 2FOs which are specialized's answer to the Five tens and I love them. They do take some time to break in as well, wore them around grocery shopping the first couple days and broke them in quickly.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 15, 2015 at 16:24 Quote
I've hurt my feet wearing standard shoes which was my main reason for going to riding shoes. They offer some toe protection which was a must for me as I have badly hurt both big toes riding as well as ripping off my rh big toenail a couple weeks back. I have to say the stiffness of the shoe really makes me feel planted and almost clipped into the pedal.

Posted: Sep 15, 2015 at 22:22 Quote
Ive had the fiveten freeride (danny mac) and the Impact (sam hill 2) and the impact is 2-3x stiffer than the freerides.. in fact so stiff i couldnt street ride with them for the longest time, i just couldnt feel anything under them.. i started wearing them around and they finally gave a little..

I chewed through the soles of the freerides in a summer, the impacts not so much..

Just an observation on the difference in them.. love the shoes

Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 11:51 Quote
Specialized 2fo flat!

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 14:07 Quote
VANS but by that i mean THE ORIGINAL WAFFLE SOLE vulcanised natural (orange rubber) like on sk8 hi/era/rowley/tnt/half cab.the diamond dips in the sole will hug your studs. best shoe out there in my opinion. I have around 10 pairs of vans with that sole 3 of which are winterised or scotchguarded to repel water so water resistant options, even have a pair called the 'switchback' which are waxed canvas hi tops with padded ankle have worn for past 3 winters.

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 14:16 Quote
http://www.vans.com/shop/half-cab-pro
super comfort straight out the box moreso than any other vans ive owned. have these in all black with green.
edit: the outer sole footprint has been updated with this shoe pretty sure its the first of its kind - slightly narrower middle & closely follows the anatomical footbed so when on the pedal feels like there are no extended sole sides stopping from getting foot close in to the crank arms.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012989
Mobile Version of Website