Show us your Specialized Enduros.....

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show us your Specialized Enduros.....
Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 9:11 Quote
mmckechnie wrote:
TheSkult wrote:

My S-Works Enduro Evo conversion. Perfect for the bike park, light and poppy but still stable with e 180mm travel.

What's involved in the EVO conversion? EVO link, shock extension, and Ohlins TTX? Any ideas how the numbers compare to the Enduro Expert EVO 650b?

For the EVO conversion you need a Ohlins Evo shock, 180mm fork, Evo rocker and you have to machine 1.5mm off of the bolt that attaches the shock to the yoke to stop it from hitting the seat tube when decompressed. Very easy upgrade and changes the bikes characteristics massively. The stock cane creek shock is terrible compared to the Ohlins and the bike still climbs great!

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 9:26 Quote
TheSkult wrote:
mmckechnie wrote:
TheSkult wrote:

My S-Works Enduro Evo conversion. Perfect for the bike park, light and poppy but still stable with e 180mm travel.

What's involved in the EVO conversion? EVO link, shock extension, and Ohlins TTX? Any ideas how the numbers compare to the Enduro Expert EVO 650b?

For the EVO conversion you need a Ohlins Evo shock, 180mm fork, Evo rocker and you have to machine 1.5mm off of the bolt that attaches the shock to the yoke to stop it from hitting the seat tube when decompressed. Very easy upgrade and changes the bikes characteristics massively. The stock cane creek shock is terrible compared to the Ohlins and the bike still climbs great!

That doesn't sound too bad.

I'm in the process of figuring out my next bike. The new demo seems to have too much of an aggressive race geometry for me. Looking for a park bike that can do both organic DH runs as well as more typical bike park freeride terrain. If they still made the aluminum double seatstay demo I might consider that.

Was looking at the enduro expert evo 650b, but then saw that you had done an EVO conversion to yours. Would consider doing that to an expert or elite 650b. Might be a better value than the expert evo, which is pretty expensive considering it's aluminum and it's spec level.

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 at 5:04 Quote
mmckechnie wrote:
TheSkult wrote:
mmckechnie wrote:

That doesn't sound too bad.

I'm in the process of figuring out my next bike. The new demo seems to have too much of an aggressive race geometry for me. Looking for a park bike that can do both organic DH runs as well as more typical bike park freeride terrain. If they still made the aluminum double seatstay demo I might consider that.

Was looking at the enduro expert evo 650b, but then saw that you had done an EVO conversion to yours. Would consider doing that to an expert or elite 650b. Might be a better value than the expert evo, which is pretty expensive considering it's aluminum and it's spec level.

The bike is completly transformed with the evo conversion and the ttx is a world beater. Definetly recomend the build. Pm me if any more specific questions arise.

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 at 7:58 Quote
Brand new 2015 Enduro Comp 650b.
Stock still are the frame, fork and drivetrain.
Coming from a 26" Evil Uprising and a SC Nomad Mk2 even more previously, this thing is missile on the downs and just plows on command!
Very happy so far. Big Grin

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 23:05 Quote
TheSkult wrote:
[, Evo rocker

Sorry for being dim here but my understanding of bike language is terrible.

Which part exactly is the rocker and where do you get the evo part from?

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 0:58 Quote
bartonz20let wrote:
TheSkult wrote:
[, Evo rocker

The part of the suspension linkage that attaches to the frame and the Y shapes shock link.

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 3:48 Quote
TheSkult wrote:
bartonz20let wrote:
TheSkult wrote:
[, Evo rocker

The part of the suspension linkage that attaches to the frame and the Y shapes shock link.

How have you managed to get the bits to do it? I imagine its not something specialized sell off the shelf?

Sorry for all the question btw but it turns out I'm riding my bike far more aggressively than I anticipated when I bought it.

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 3:52 Quote
bartonz20let wrote:
TheSkult wrote:
bartonz20let wrote:

How have you managed to get the bits to do it? I imagine its not something specialized sell off the shelf?

Sorry for all the question btw but it turns out I'm riding my bike far more aggressively than I anticipated when I bought it.

I got the rocker and shock from a specialized dealer no problems

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 4:27 Quote
TheSkult wrote:
bartonz20let wrote:
TheSkult wrote:

I got the rocker and shock from a specialized dealer no problems

Just contacted my local concept store.

Thanks for your help buddy

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 at 10:17 Quote
The Enduro line has definitely turned into my favorite over the years...such cool bikes. Hopefully I can find a used Enduro Expert EVO 650b at some point in the future. It might be a while though, as my faithful '07 Enduro SL Pro Carbon is still going strong. By the way, how much do your newer Enduro EVO's weigh?

Posted: Nov 2, 2015 at 0:41 Quote
So this is my Enduro as it stands with the lastest upgrades. Standard brakes replaced with the new M8000 series XT's (203 front, 180 rear), new 11 speed XT mech, shifter and 11-42 cassette, new wheelset of Pro2 Evo hubs laced to WTB KOM I25 rims with double butted DT Swiss spokes and prolock nipples. Decided to try some Michelin rubber and happy to report they are incredible! Finally added a reverb after hating the Specialized Ircc dropped I got which lasted 2 rides before getting fed up with with destroyed testicles lol Just waiting on my LBS to get back to a distributor about a Monarch Plus and that'll be all upgrades done, for now at least Wink

Posted: Dec 22, 2015 at 6:55 Quote
TheSkult wrote:

That is the sickest looking enduro I have seen! I've got the ohlins on my 29er and it's amazing. Hoping to get my hands on a 650b link to slacken the head angler, but if I can get a 650b frame I may just have to do this. Any idea what your bb height and head angle are?

Posted: Dec 23, 2015 at 9:47 Quote
Are there any known ways to increase rear travel using some combination of 26", 650B or evo parts? I'm playing around with the idea of turning my comp E29 into a real mini DH rig. Maybe evo linkage and shock with 650B clevis? I would love to put the 180mm evo forks on it but without increasing the rear travel it doesn't make much sense. Add 27.5 plus wheels and tires and it could be a fun bomber.

Posted: Dec 27, 2015 at 2:43 Quote
2015 Specialized Enduro 27.5
2014 Specialized Enduro 29er-w Add-Ons
2013 Specialized Enduro Carbon-Enve Pike KS
I've owned 4-all three tire sizes, and both frame materials(aluminum and carbon). The one I currently own is[another] 29', which is a 2015 vintage. Haven't taken any pics of it yet.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023045
Mobile Version of Website