Show us your Specialized Enduros.....

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show us your Specialized Enduros.....
Posted: Mar 22, 2016 at 11:20 Quote
2016 Enduro Comp 650b...
2016 Specialized Enduro Comp 650b

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 0:42 Quote
Anyone had any experience with the new specialized enduro? 2017?

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 11:59 Quote
Hey guys,
After my sunday ride, I clean my bike and then was worried about a bearing near the bottom bracket.
Is it normal?
Or should I go to my bike shop ?
http://imgur.com/a/7fFuA

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 14:20 Quote
MisterJones wrote:
Hey guys,
After my sunday ride, I clean my bike and then was worried about a bearing near the bottom bracket.
Is it normal?
Or should I go to my bike shop ?
http://imgur.com/a/7fFuA

Doesn't look normal to me. Have a pro take a look so nothing gets broken.

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 22:42 Quote
It looks the same as mine and I know because I had the exact same question. Of course feel free to check it.

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 19:06 Quote
2017 Enduro 29 Comp. Had it for just over a month now. Also got a pair of 27.5+ wheels so I can do some experimenting come spring. So far, love it.

2017 Enduro 29

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 23:28 Quote
Nizhoni wrote:
2017 Enduro 29 Comp. Had it for just over a month now. Also got a pair of 27.5+ wheels so I can do some experimenting come spring. So far, love it.

2017 Enduro 29
I intend on buying either the elite or the pro enduro, tell me about it, how does it ride? Any complaints? Handling? Could you downhill on one?
Cheers bud

Posted: Nov 15, 2016 at 1:31 Quote
Imspecyized wrote:
That's the spacer.
what ?

Posted: Nov 15, 2016 at 7:59 Quote
Shimanosaint0097 wrote:
Nizhoni wrote:
I intend on buying either the elite or the pro enduro, tell me about it, how does it ride? Any complaints? Handling? Could you downhill on one?
Cheers bud

Its phenomenal, because of the timing of the arrival I haven't taken it to a bike park. I rarely ride bike park anyways because of proximity, mostly just steep, natural trails here in Colorado. Initial impression, it would take anything you throw at it. I've hit 5ft drops and it soaks them up with ease, also spent a weekend in Moab and it was exceptional.

I've spent the past year on a short travel 29, so the 29er wasn't an adjustment for me. It's just plain fast, I've been setting KOM/PR on my regular descents and feel much more in control. I feel I can attack a descent and have a ton of confidence going into it. It also hides my poor line choices, this weekend I got off line going into a rock garden and tensed up, but barely even noticed my poor line choice. I need to learn to trust the bike to handle anything I put in front of it and stay more relaxed.

Also, I haven't spent much time on plus tires, but I look forward to trying out some 27.5x2.8 tires in the spring. I already grabbed a used 27.5+ boost wheelset from a friend. I generally like experimenting and the two wheelsize option was appealing.

Build wise, the large came with a 60mm stem, which I swapped to a 40mm Chromag, much better. I also disliked the grips and swapped them for some Ergon AM grips. Otherwise I don't see the need to make any changes, its a solid build kit. The carbon models would be awesome, and my other bike (Camber Carbon 29) has the SWAT tube and I legitimately love it.

Posted: Nov 15, 2016 at 17:13 Quote
Nizhoni wrote:
Shimanosaint0097 wrote:
Nizhoni wrote:
Cheers bud

Its phenomenal, because of the timing of the arrival I haven't taken it to a bike park. I rarely ride bike park anyways because of proximity, mostly just steep, natural trails here in Colorado. Initial impression, it would take anything you throw at it. I've hit 5ft drops and it soaks them up with ease, also spent a weekend in Moab and it was exceptional.

I've spent the past year on a short travel 29, so the 29er wasn't an adjustment for me. It's just plain fast, I've been setting KOM/PR on my regular descents and feel much more in control. I feel I can attack a descent and have a ton of confidence going into it. It also hides my poor line choices, this weekend I got off line going into a rock garden and tensed up, but barely even noticed my poor line choice. I need to learn to trust the bike to handle anything I put in front of it and stay more relaxed.

Also, I haven't spent much time on plus tires, but I look forward to trying out some 27.5x2.8 tires in the spring. I already grabbed a used 27.5+ boost wheelset from a friend. I generally like experimenting and the two wheelsize option was appealing.

Build wise, the large came with a 60mm stem, which I swapped to a 40mm Chromag, much better. I also disliked the grips and swapped them for some Ergon AM grips. Otherwise I don't see the need to make any changes, its a solid build kit. The carbon models would be awesome, and my other bike (Camber Carbon 29) has the SWAT tube and I legitimately love it.
Wow, sound like an incredible rig, thanks for the inside knowledge bro, cant wait to get my hands on one.

Posted: Nov 16, 2016 at 10:49 Quote
wrote:
[Quote]
Wow, sound like an incredible rig, thanks for the inside knowledge bro, cant wait to get my hands on one.

It makes me want to ride more than I ever have. So that in and of itself is a positive for me. I've also never owned a longer travel bike, I've ridden them before and had a DH bike briefly but didn't go to the parks enough to warrant owning one.

Its exciting to ride, I find myself looking for drops and gaps and getting down with a smile. And with the quality and similarity of bikes nowadays, where they have all gravitated to the mean and we are left to nitpick minute differences that's all I can ask for. It makes me want to ride non-stop and find new lines and new trails. So I'm happy with it, and that the best review I can give a bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024391
Mobile Version of Website