When will this madness stop?

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
When will this madness stop?
Posted: May 8, 2017 at 13:21 Quote
Yes they do. Have you ever seen a mass shooting at a gun show, or Bass Pro stores? That is what I thought. Most mass shootings are in gun free zones.

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 13:30 Quote
That is the stupidest thing I have heard you say, if you where a criminal and wanted to shoot a whole ton of people where would you go, you would go to a gun free zone. If your there nobodies going to hurt you you can just shoot away.

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 13:30 Quote
Have you ever seen a custard pie fight at a granny cake convention ?
No there not !

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 13:44 Quote
Here some facts for you. According to the Crime Prevention Research Center, from the 1950’s through July 10th of 2016, 98.4 percent of mass shootings have occurred on gun-free zones, with just 1.6 percent occurring where citizens are allowed to have firearms with them. Source the crime prevention reasearch center. Also 10 mass shooting in gun free zones, accorded science 2008, that's on Obamas watch, just so ya know. I got this source from CNN.

The deadliest mass shooting in the US takes place in a Florida night club. This happens to be a gun free zone. Since at least 1950, only slightly over 1 percent of mass public shootings have occurred where general citizens have been able to defend themselves. Police are extremely important in stopping crime, but even if they had been present at the time of the nightclub shooting, they may have had a very difficult time stopping the attack. Attackers will generally shoot first at any uniformed guards or officers who are present (the Charlie Hebdo attack in Paris last year illustrates that point). Alternatively, they will move on to another place without uniformed officers. All of these stats are also from the crime prevention reasearch center.

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 14:04 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
Have you ever seen a custard pie fight at a granny cake convention ?
No there not !
Really? This is a good example of the difference between liberals and conservatives. You say some stupid totally unrelated thing, while Spartan shares a whole ton of facts with sources. Dude, if you have any hope of contributing to this forum you better do some research.

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 16:27 Quote
If there's guns allowed in nightclubs and college campuses there would be more shootings than if not allowed ! Hormones, drugs , alcohol and guns don't mix !
You research stats for gun crime and I can guarantee you'll find tonnes of information stating both sides , you then have to decide who to believe , the NRA and there disciples or the csgv.org / other sane org's !
One things for sure , it ain't gunna be dealt with soon , not when the NRA donate millions and millions to the republicans !

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 6:34 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
If there's guns allowed in nightclubs and college campuses there would be more shootings than if not allowed ! Hormones, drugs , alcohol and guns don't mix !
You research stats for gun crime and I can guarantee you'll find tonnes of information stating both sides , you then have to decide who to believe , the NRA and there disciples or the csgv.org / other sane org's !
One things for sure , it ain't gunna be dealt with soon , not when the NRA donate millions and millions to the republicans !
Your hypothesis sounds good. But it isn't true. They allow guns on at the college close to us. Never a shooting. And did you hear about the man that stopped a shooting at a nightclub. Probably not, but he did. Dude, find some facts.

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 9:58 Quote
Recent studies have shown that concealed carried permit holders commit less misdemeanors and felonies then even police. Source, crime prevention research.

Posted: May 10, 2017 at 5:12 Quote
Have you not found any facts?

Posted: May 10, 2017 at 8:52 Quote
Your giving me a headache ! Lololol

Posted: May 10, 2017 at 20:01 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
Your giving me a headache ! Lololol
What, casue facts bug ya?

Posted: May 10, 2017 at 23:55 Quote
You 2 have a chat with each other, I'm done with this ! The tag teams got me over the ropes ! Wink lol

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 9:57 Quote
You say your done with this. Is that cause you can't find any good argument to put forward?

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 13:50 Quote
It's just pointless debating cos nothing can change , guns are part of the USA dna . But if you could start again I would recommend leaving the 2nd amendment out !

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 16:20 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
It's just pointless debating cos nothing can change , guns are part of the USA dna . But if you could start again I would recommend leaving the 2nd amendment out !
Only a Brit would say that. And your right, it is in our DNA. And I'm darn proud of it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030585
Mobile Version of Website