Upgrade rotors Trance 2.....

PB Forum :: Giant
Upgrade rotors Trance 2.....
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 1, 2015 at 13:12 Quote
Anyone swapped out the rotors on the Simano M615?? What have u gone for?

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 11:58 Quote
Molly2202 wrote:

I went with the magura storm rotors,180 front and rear, worked really well but I needed more cooling so I went to the zee brakes instead with the same rotors.

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 at 0:30 Quote
Molly2202 wrote:

I put some KCNC rotors on.

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2015 at 7:41 Quote
I switched to Shimano XT ice tech rotors. 203 in the front and 180 in the rear.

Posted: Oct 8, 2015 at 4:25 Quote
I switched to XT RT76 180/180

Posted: Oct 8, 2015 at 8:16 Quote
Stop components floating race rotors, 203 &180. no fade whatsoever and good power, little pricey though.

Posted: Oct 18, 2015 at 14:16 Quote
I went to shimano metal rotors and metal pads, same size as came with the bike. I'm going to bump up to ice tech and larger rotors eventually.

Posted: Nov 5, 2015 at 20:08 Quote
I did bump up the rotors to 203 front and 180 in the rear. Stuck with SLX rotors for the winter but will go ice tech when the weather gets better. I did go for XT M8000 for the brake upgrade.

Posted: Nov 8, 2015 at 15:43 Quote
I did 203mm Icetech rotors and finned resin pads on the stock brakes before going to Zee brakes. The Deores are awesome. Same power, feel, and modulation as XT with the only difference being the tool free reach adjust and a couple grams of weight. The first actual performance upgrade would be the Zee or Saints which offer much more power and better modulation along with longer pad life.

I loved the finned resins and 203mm Icetechs with the stock brakes. Better modulation than the metals and I could never get them even close to fading. Power, fade resistance, and modulation were all improved. I was very happy and only upgraded out of boredom and the fact that I do lots of 8,000' descents all the time. The Deores worked fine even for my 240lbs and huge descents but the Zees gave much better modulation, the pads last more than twice as long, in fact, in the year I've had them I haven't worn out the resin pads, not even close, and one finger is all that's ever needed. The Zee brakes don't affect rotor temps, reduced rotor temps come from larger rotors and Icetech rotors that cool much quicker between brake applications as do the finned pads. Just wanted to point out that heat related issues are usually a rotor size and type issue. The Zee calipers help slightly in reducing the amount of heat that gets to the fluid but that's it.

Back on topic, the stock brakes with finned pads and larger Icetech rotors should be all anyone could ever possibly need. Just the larger rotors alone make a nice difference in nearly every way. The difference is substantial.

Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 12:32 Quote
For those of you running the 203mm front on your 2015 trance, what spacer did you use?

Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 13:19 Quote
I used the standard shimano adapter for the fox forks. Works just fine.

Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 14:38 Quote
mped220 wrote:
For those of you running the 203mm front on your 2015 trance, what spacer did you use?

Same. Standard shimano. Perfect fit

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010865
Mobile Version of Website