Carrera Banshee x?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 5, 2015 at 1:38 Quote
Hi everyone, haven't been active on PB for quite a few years now but I need bike advice and I knew this would be the place to come. So I have a 2013 Carrera Banshee x, I know not the greatest bike. But I brought it as I need a new bike to get out and about and that fit the bill. I'm now thinking of riding it a lot more and was just wondering if there's any parts on it I should change or add of if I should just ride it until something breaks. Or the other option would be sell it and get a lot better bike second hand. I appreciate the help off anyone and I hope I posted in the right forum. Cheers.

Posted: Sep 5, 2015 at 6:00 Quote
ram3460 wrote:
Hi everyone, haven't been active on PB for quite a few years now but I need bike advice and I knew this would be the place to come. So I have a 2013 Carrera Banshee x, I know not the greatest bike. But I brought it as I need a new bike to get out and about and that fit the bill. I'm now thinking of riding it a lot more and was just wondering if there's any parts on it I should change or add of if I should just ride it until something breaks. Or the other option would be sell it and get a lot better bike second hand. I appreciate the help off anyone and I hope I posted in the right forum. Cheers.
just ride it,then buy a complete bike,new or used when you feel you'd like to upgrade.can prove expensive and a bit of a waste of money trying to make bikes something they'll never be.

Posted: Sep 5, 2015 at 14:26 Quote
I've just pretty much rebuilt one of these for a work friend of my wife. To be honest, the standard spec is low, but I wouldn't say it was worth upgrading unless they are worn parts.

The one I did had the following work completed.

New crankset + BB
New rear mech, cassette and chain,
New headset
New cables

After that lot, it actually felt like fun little bike.

Posted: Sep 6, 2015 at 12:13 Quote
Thanks very much for the advice guys, much appreciated. I'll leave it as it is for now then or sell it and upgrade.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007952
Mobile Version of Website