Next crank striking right chainstay

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
Next crank striking right chainstay
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 7, 2015 at 20:14 Quote
I have a 2014 RM Instinct 999MSL 29er with about 500 miles total. the stock NEXT carbon crank arm on the right side hits the chainstay with the inside tip of the crank when I'm pedaling with a lot of torque. It only strikes under big gear/ high load torque.

I've checked ALL torques on all the ABC bushings , main bearings and all is proper. BB is solid, crank arms are torqued properly to specs. I removed and reinstalled the crank arm and re torqued. There is NO play.

Frame is straight( all carbon)

The BB is shimmed and installed correctly , the shifting on the xx1 11 speed is perfect.

I'm wondering if anybody else might have this issue?

Thanks

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 at 19:35 Quote
Hmm that's a new one...

How much space is there between the crank and the chainstay at the point of contact when not under load?

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 at 19:15 Quote
HairyPotter wrote:
Hmm that's a new one...

How much space is there between the crank and the chainstay at the point of contact when not under load?

About 5-6 mm , the left side is a bit more, but not much.

O+
Posted: May 29, 2016 at 16:21 Quote
I had this problem with a 2014 altitude and the same crankset. It turned out that the frame was all cracked around the main pivot point where the chainstays mount to the seat tube. This was causing the chainstays to flex under heavy load. If you are the original owner then this is a warranty issue.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007662
Mobile Version of Website