Who's the greatest axe weilder ever?

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Who's the greatest axe weilder ever?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 at 12:17 Quote
For me, it's gotta be Jimmy Page

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 17:48 Quote
^^hahalol

Its so hard to say just one though. Such a diverse feild to choose from. I really like Duane Allman though, one of my favs.

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 8:31 Quote
For pure technical skill, Eric Johnson or John Petrucci.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 12:20 Quote
easy one, its harriets sister in 'so i married an axe murderer' with mike myers and it happens to be on itv2 i think tonight, one of my fave films,i watch it for charleys dad!

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 12:21 Quote
ps charley is the main character milf, try and check it out,but im sure its one of your faves too!

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 9:27 Quote
jimi hendrix was really good,

jimmy page was really good but kind of sloppy (of course you have to be if you're playing at his speed though)

slash is my favorite but i know he's not the best

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 6:30 Quote
csuderman wrote:
jimi hendrix was really good,

jimmy page was really good but kind of sloppy (of course you have to be if you're playing at his speed though)

slash is my favorite but i know he's not the best
Hendrix was good, used to 'talk' with his axe, but not many riffs in there for me.

Page just banged out so many riffs and very innovative, playing with a bow ffs! Something Sigur Ros use now.

Slash is good, plenty of riffage, soloes as well as cheese, can you believe Slash learned to play guitar in Stoke-On-Trent!

I'm talking pure natural skill for weilding an axe, what about Knopfler? riffs Solos, innovation, and just a very distinct sound and natural axe weilding ability

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 6:38 Quote
i always thought dave gilmour is right up there,but also mark king with the slap bass! does he count being bass?

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 7:49 Quote
lescart wrote:
i always thought dave gilmour is right up there,but also mark king with the slap bass! does he count being bass?

Dave Gilmour is No.82 in Rolling Stones' top 100 axe weilders, 82!!! Did they think "Shit, we forgot Gilmour!" I mean come on, are they f*ckin' stupid or what? How could they treat lead guitarist of the all time greatest band who created an album that was in the top 40 for 758 weeks with a position of 82? f*ckin' pillocks

Bass is valid mate, Mark King? What a feckin' lege! John-Paul Jones?

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 8:12 Quote
ive so many im not sure which would be my fave! but yehh dave gilmour no 82! thats bullcrap.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 8:14 Quote
milf, listen to non stop july by, A-ha, seriously brilliant, not rock but amazing guitar i think.

Posted: Feb 1, 2008 at 0:29 Quote
lescart wrote:
milf, listen to non stop july by, A-ha, seriously brilliant, not rock but amazing guitar i think.
Sorry mate, have'nt got that 1 in my Greatest hits, i'll work on DL'ing it.

No sign of Johnny Marr off of The Smiths or Manny off of the Stone Roses, or Bernard Butler! What sort of a list is this!

Posted: Feb 1, 2008 at 0:40 Quote
well, now your talking my language,the smiths are one of my fave bands,im showing my age now! i also watched a documentry once on the chili peppers,when i think it is john fruschianti (if thats how its spelt) and when he got himself clean again it showed him playing his guitar either side,ie left and right. It was really amazing. but one guitarist ive seen live and was f*cking amazing was francis dunnery. of ex It Bites! (calling all the heroes)

Posted: Feb 1, 2008 at 1:57 Quote
lescart wrote:
well, now your talking my language,the smiths are one of my fave bands,im showing my age now! i also watched a documentry once on the chili peppers,when i think it is john fruschianti (if thats how its spelt) and when he got himself clean again it showed him playing his guitar either side,ie left and right. It was really amazing. but one guitarist ive seen live and was f*cking amazing was francis dunnery. of ex It Bites! (calling all the heroes)

Good call! Not forgeting Flea, if we're counting bassists

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012257
Mobile Version of Website