Clips & Shoes - DH

PB Forum :: Downhill
Clips & Shoes - DH
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 8, 2015 at 2:42 Quote
Hi all,

Apologies in advance as there is probably a thousand and one threads for this already.
Im currently riding with 510's and a wide Superstar Components pedal, but really want to give clips/spd's a go.

Can anyone give me links to the set up you are using? Shoes, pedals etc.

Cheers,

Luke.

Posted: Sep 8, 2015 at 3:26 Quote
5.10 cyclone with shimano dx, pedals done up real tight
the 5.10's seem nice, havent done alot of work yet though.
the shimano shoes are durable, but heavy.

Posted: Sep 8, 2015 at 6:51 Quote
My 5.10 Hellcat and CB mallet's will be here tomorrow. I am in the same boat and just went with CB pedals.

Posted: Sep 8, 2015 at 7:26 Quote
Shimano DX Pedal with 5.10 VXI

works great for me

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 at 0:21 Quote
Shimano DX shoes, DX pedals screwed in on the plates as tight as they will go, run them for 5 years now and loved every second

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 at 9:55 Quote
SHimano DX pedals, with Giro Terraduro.
Very comfy and relatively light shoe in comparison to other more dh-oriented skate-style sneaker.
Much more responsive then the Shimano DX-shoes i´ve used before due to the stiffer sole.
Gives a feeling of less float on the pedal then other shoes, however that´s just how it feels. Of course it has the same amount of float as others. It just gives a more solid feeling connection.

In terms of value for money, nothing beats the DX shoe and pedal combo though. Just works perfectly and is cheap.

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 at 19:54 Quote
I like the mallets over spd for dh, probably because they feel more like flat pedals with the platform and pins. It's nice to be able to adjust pin height to adjust grip. But I like spd over mallet for everything else...

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 at 0:01 Quote
I'm on the O'neal Torque Spd and Mallet dh pedals. I've modified the cleat position to be further rearward (than the factory range) because I prefer the flat pedal location.

I've also used am45 and Giro Chambers and both didn't have enough cleat adjustment and neither fitted my foot very well. I haven't tried any 5 10 clips but always wanted to.

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 at 5:04 Quote
phatplat wrote:
My 5.10 Hellcat and CB mallet's will be here tomorrow. I am in the same boat and just went with CB pedals.

Got em, love em. I still suck at it though....I am going to the mountains this weekend to ride and hoped to take my new setup, but I think I would die.

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 at 23:20 Quote
phatplat wrote:

Been on the same for a year and a half. Dont go flat anymore

Posted: Sep 12, 2015 at 5:11 Quote
Shimano DX shoes. Years on DX pedals, this season on XT trail pedals.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010555
Mobile Version of Website