Mountain Creek NJ,Blue Mountain PA, Riding buddies

PB Forum :: USA - East
Mountain Creek NJ,Blue Mountain PA, Riding buddies
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 8, 2015 at 18:28 Quote
I've been into downhill riding for a few months now, and I have to say it's the MOST fun I've had on a bike in years. I rode BMX for a long long time like alot of us and I got into local trail riding on a hardtail a few years back. I went to MCBP and rented for the first time earlier this year and holy shi*. I had so much fun I bought my own rig before the next visit. I've been there 4 times so far and I am hitting all the blues, all the black trails and a couple double black with my newest feat being the deck drop which isnt much but it was just the fear factor I had to get over. I am looking to find some dudes to ride with. I want to progress to freestyle trails! I dont really like to invite my self into other groups. I usually go there with 1 friend but he hangs back a bit and really cant get out as much as I can. So if anyone is looking for someone to ride with or wants to add another shoot me a PM anytime. With the season ending I want to get on as many weekends as I can.

Posted: Sep 8, 2015 at 18:47 Quote
Hey man i go there almost every weekend, so i might see you on saturday. I can ride pretty much any trail mc. Im not great at big features, but i can ride all the trails. Only trail i suck at is dominion because i cant clear all the jumps ( still working on freeride) but ill be able to really soon.

Posted: Sep 8, 2015 at 19:15 Quote
matthewzink wrote:
Hey man i go there almost every weekend, so i might see you on saturday. I can ride pretty much any trail mc. Im not great at big features, but i can ride all the trails. Only trail i suck at is dominion because i cant clear all the jumps ( still working on freeride) but ill be able to really soon.

Sweet. This saturday I cant make it but the 19th Ill be there. Ill shoot you a pm that week to see if you'll be there.

Posted: Sep 8, 2015 at 19:38 Quote
Ok man sounds good

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 13:32 Quote
I'm looking for some people for this Sunday at Blue Mountain. It will be my first time there but unfortunately I'll be heading out alone.

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 14:37 Quote
Check their Facebook page there is a race this weekend and a handful of trails are closed

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 16:13 Quote
So whats the deal with mountain creek this weekend (oct 3rd and 4th). I know they have that enduro competition, but are all the trails and stuff open?

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 at 19:11 Quote
Im sure they are, just might be limited access to certain trails at times. Cant be worse than when we were there during oktoberfest. Had to walk your bikes from the parking lot across the street bc of pedestrian traffic

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 at 21:16 Quote
Oh my god that was annoying. Walking your bike from the parking lot to lift is the worst. Good thing i rode there anyways lol. When they tell you walk your bike just speed up. Good thing nobody messes with bikers, because i saw like 10 fights break out. Is oktoberfest still going on or was it just one weekend?

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 5:53 Quote
Im not sure how well this weekend is going to work out with all of this rain, will they still run the race? I mean I can see if it was a little bit of rain but, we are going to get hammered.

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 15:06 Quote
Yeah i checked weather underground and they said that theres going to be on and off showers on sat and sunday, but on monday they said thunderstorms, so the weekend might make it by a sliver. I dont mind riding in the rain though, it rained a few weeks ago really hard while i was riding there. i dont mean just rain, i mean downpour. after it stopped and just started drizzling i had the most fun ever. Everything was sketchy but flying down the flowy trails and lower greenhorn while sliding around with 10 guys was sick.

Posted: Oct 2, 2015 at 5:57 Quote
I thought about trying to make it tomorrow but, I might hold out until next weekend.

Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 11:01 Quote
Can anybody let me know how Blue Mountain takes the rain? Its looking kind of promising for tomorrow (Sunday) but I have never been there before so I don't know how it handles this much rain.

Also, how long into the year is the park open before they start the winter snow season? I couldn't find any dates or anything on their site.

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 6:46 Quote
Its under their "Races and Events" page, the closing weekend the October 31st - November 1st.

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 19:13 Quote
Hi guys. Does blue have trails for enduro bikes?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011461
Mobile Version of Website