Mountain Creek NJ,Blue Mountain PA, Riding buddies

PB Forum :: USA - East
Mountain Creek NJ,Blue Mountain PA, Riding buddies
Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 7:17 Quote
eragot wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
Will be there this weekend the 14th. Come say hi

Was there this weekend, might be there next weekend too Rabbit...

Nice man! I’m driving up from
South Florida. Headed to killington first, then mountain creek on Sunday. Meeting my buddy billy perry, a pro bmx rider there along with my cousin. Let’s ride!

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 10:34 Quote
Always game for Mountain Creek!

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 14:30 Quote
jasonkatz wrote:
Always game for Mountain Creek!

We're there every Thursday for race night.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 7:14 Quote
I'll be staying the night with a friend from the 5th to 6th for my first 2 days In a row at Creek.. I only have 1 rig right now so let's hope all goes well ????????????????‍♂️

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 6:48 Quote
I'm thinking of moving from CA back to the east coast and looking at houses in vernon township NJ and just wondering if anyone who lives there can share any info about what it's like to live there. Traffic, schools, things to do besides riding. I have 2 young kids and the wife would be commuting to pickatiny arsenal nearer to NYC. There's a lot of property crime here and society seems to be rapidly deteriorating so trying to find a safe peaceful small town. Any info appreciated, thanks everyone.

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 19:10 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
I'm thinking of moving from CA back to the east coast and looking at houses in vernon township NJ and just wondering if anyone who lives there can share any info about what it's like to live there. Traffic, schools, things to do besides riding. I have 2 young kids and the wife would be commuting to pickatiny arsenal nearer to NYC. There's a lot of property crime here and society seems to be rapidly deteriorating so trying to find a safe peaceful small town. Any info appreciated, thanks everyone.

Vernon is a pretty large town with some not so great areas. You don’t have to be in Vernon to enjoy mountain creek, in fact there’s a ton of good riding within an hour of creek in almost every direction. Sussex county in general is one the cheapest parts of Jersey with lots of nice areas. It’s not bustling by any means but definitely an enjoyable place to live if you don’t mind driving 20-40 mins to do certain things like go to the mall or go to your favorite restaurant. Also if you mean picatinny Arsenal it’s def not nearer to NYC, it’s not even hardly out of the woods let alone near the city. Far from Vernon time wise because it’s all backroad and congestion on one lane roads during commuter times but as the crow flys is less than 20 miles.

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 16:29 Quote
SeanK521 wrote:
mrgonzo wrote:

Vernon is a pretty large town with some not so great areas. You don’t have to be in Vernon to enjoy mountain creek, in fact there’s a ton of good riding within an hour of creek in almost every direction. Sussex county in general is one the cheapest parts of Jersey with lots of nice areas. It’s not bustling by any means but definitely an enjoyable place to live if you don’t mind driving 20-40 mins to do certain things like go to the mall or go to your favorite restaurant. Also if you mean picatinny Arsenal it’s def not nearer to NYC, it’s not even hardly out of the woods let alone near the city. Far from Vernon time wise because it’s all backroad and congestion on one lane roads during commuter times but as the crow flys is less than 20 miles.

Thanks Sean for the info, I'm still figuring out the geography. I went to school at East Stroudsburg and there was awesome hiking, fishing, etc around there so I'm thinking it's same kind of poconos ecosystem which I really love. I'm looking for a Mayberry instead of a Sunnyvale if you get my drift

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018354
Mobile Version of Website