Mountain Creek NJ,Blue Mountain PA, Riding buddies

PB Forum :: USA - East
Mountain Creek NJ,Blue Mountain PA, Riding buddies
Posted: Jan 30, 2017 at 17:32 Quote
iam6yoube9 wrote:
Hello fellow PBers. I need your help. I'm a new yorker who recently moved to Pennsylvania. been here for under two months and I don't know any and I mean any riders in my area or even where to meet any locals riders. I also don't of any trails either. Any one from the Mt Pocono Area of PA who's willing to give me advice as to were to go for some good riding? I do all kinds of riding from DH to XC. Granted I ride an 2002 Santa Cruz V10 I'm not the fastest on the XC portions but for 41 with a full on DH rig I keep up.

Hello there!! not sure about your local trail but with in half hour u have wawayanda state park,ringwood botanical gardens,and jungle reserve. i would suggest using trail forks app its a awesome app that gives you a pretty good idea of how hard the trail is.

and since your so close i would recommend a season pass to mountain creek.
i'm there every weekend and always down to ride tup

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 8:42 Quote
NJrookie wrote:
iam6yoube9 wrote:
Hello fellow PBers. I need your help. I'm a new yorker who recently moved to Pennsylvania. been here for under two months and I don't know any and I mean any riders in my area or even where to meet any locals riders. I also don't of any trails either. Any one from the Mt Pocono Area of PA who's willing to give me advice as to were to go for some good riding? I do all kinds of riding from DH to XC. Granted I ride an 2002 Santa Cruz V10 I'm not the fastest on the XC portions but for 41 with a full on DH rig I keep up.

Hello there!! not sure about your local trail but with in half hour u have wawayanda state park,ringwood botanical gardens,and jungle reserve. i would suggest using trail forks app its a awesome app that gives you a pretty good idea of how hard the trail is.

and since your so close i would recommend a season pass to mountain creek.
i'm there every weekend and always down to ride tup
Also 45 minutes or so south is Blue Mountain Bike Park. You have Glen Park pretty close to you too which has some DH/freeride/XC. Check out the shop Vertical Earth in Stroudsburg, they should be able to point in to some other local trails up your way.

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 at 7:59 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
Opening day?

God I hope it's soon.

Anyone down for doing some shuttling something opens? Maybe at My Penn.

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 at 9:05 Quote
Going there next weekend with my crew! Gonna be great to shred dh again

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 4:49 Quote
With this weather they should just stop snow making, let it melt and open the park within 2-3 weeks.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 5:38 Quote
mercnyc wrote:
With this weather they should just stop snow making, let it melt and open the park within 2-3 weeks.
opening day is April 15

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 5:44 Quote
Where was that posted??

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 8:45 Quote
dirtrider76 wrote:
Blue April 15th?
Not a chance

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 8:59 Quote
I didn't think so but most of that snow we got last week is gone now and they want it warm all week.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 9:27 Quote
dirtrider76 wrote:
I didn't think so but most of that snow we got last week is gone now and they want it warm all week.
Yeah but there's spots where there is a decent base left, especially where Boulevard passes through Sidewinder. I'm sure they blew snow on top of what we got too. All that plus trail work and I know some of the crew have full time winter jobs there. First half of May is probably realistic.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 12:37 Quote
Idk that's what iv heard from some of my inside sources at creek. But they said it isn't 100% certain

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 20:41 Quote
well that would be big if true

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 8:11 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
Going there next weekend with my crew! Gonna be great to shred dh again

Did you go and was it covered in snow?

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019531
Mobile Version of Website