Rear shock upgrades for a SC Bronson

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Rear shock upgrades for a SC Bronson
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 9, 2015 at 10:11 Quote
Hey guys and gals I'm looking at upgrading the rear shock on my Bronson and I'm looking for some good recommendations, thanks!

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 at 12:15 Quote
Cane Creek DBAir, fo sho

Posted: Sep 15, 2015 at 19:23 Quote
i would go with the new fox dx2 or the dhx2 depending on your riding stile

Posted: Sep 20, 2015 at 17:15 Quote
i have a canecreek db air CS on my bronson, its a right pain to setup but its amazing and the climb feature on rough terrain is very impressive, i would definitely consider one.

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 13:41 Quote
I'm in the same boat. I use the bike for trail riding and the occasional park day too. The Float X2 would probably be great for both once you had the settings dialled in.

Posted: Jan 13, 2016 at 13:40 Quote
I am in the same boat, have a 2015 Bronson C and want to upgrade the rear shock and don't know where to go with it.

Posted: Jan 14, 2016 at 18:01 Quote
Erik-bikerboy wrote:
Hey guys and gals I'm looking at upgrading the rear shock on my Bronson and I'm looking for some good recommendations, thanks!

I have the Monarch RC3 on mine and it gave me nothing but trouble. SRAM is replacing it with one that is tuned for a Bronson.

I decided not to place a lot of faith in the replacement and went with a Cane Creek Double Air CS. Will report back after it arrives.

I am on a 2015 Bronson with an XT kit

Posted: Jan 14, 2016 at 20:08 Quote
Iam driving down to Fort Collins,Co with my wife to find her a new bike and I was thinking about stopping in at Push Industries to see what they advice me on.

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 20:53 Quote
I got my DB Air on today. I live by a pretty good sized hill and I figured that would be the ideal place to test it out. I have never fully climbed this hill. I have tried but it keeps going and it was/is a grinder.

Today i went to the top without a lot of issue. It felt like a different bike. Tomorrow I will hit the mud and see how it responds on my normal ride. I am impressed. I will say that my previous shock was defective it was more of a slow leak and the performance difference is noticeable.

I have not messed with any of the settings. Bolted it, pumped it up and rode it. I would imagine I can dial this thing in to be near perfection. Out of the box Bronson tuned is pretty freaking nice.

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 22:36 Quote
Thinking about upgrading too.. I've narrowed it down to ccdb cs (bronson spec) and float x2. Cost is the same so it doesn't matter. Problem is i can't test them anywhere. Anyone opinions on the matter?

I like the idea of the climb switch, but i rarely use it off road on the stock shock. I've seen the photo of the x2 cs, but i'd want the upgrade for the coming season, so waiting for midsummer isn't really tempting.

edit. Oh and i have to climb to descent most of the time and i'm doing some bike park runs.

Posted: Feb 27, 2016 at 16:16 Quote
jginsb wrote:
Erik-bikerboy wrote:

I have the Monarch RC3 on mine and it gave me nothing but trouble. SRAM is replacing it with one that is tuned for a Bronson.

I decided not to place a lot of faith in the replacement and went with a Cane Creek Double Air CS. Will report back after it arrives.

Any idea if SRAM sell a Monarch RC3 that's Bronson tuned?

Posted: Feb 27, 2016 at 16:42 Quote
SoaringPanda wrote:
jginsb wrote:
Erik-bikerboy wrote:

AI would recommend going through your LBS, they are most likely a Santa Cruz Dealer assuming you bought it from them, and also a SRAM dealer, so I'm pretty sure you could go down there and have them order one for you.

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 7:48 Quote
GainCommand wrote:
Thinking about upgrading too.. I've narrowed it down to ccdb cs (bronson spec) and float x2. Cost is the same so it doesn't matter. Problem is i can't test them anywhere. Anyone opinions on the matter?

I like the idea of the climb switch, but i rarely use it off road on the stock shock. I've seen the photo of the x2 cs, but i'd want the upgrade for the coming season, so waiting for midsummer isn't really tempting.

edit. Oh and i have to climb to descent most of the time and i'm doing some bike park runs.
Im on a V10 2.75 with an X2 for about 2 months . Best rear shock I have used . The feel is as good as a Cain creek coil, but you can tune the air shock internally to make it more progressive/firm through out the stroke . The internal tune is on the web and takes about ten mins to do . I have had about 10 VPP bikes from trail to DH . I have always found myself never using lockout or trail settings on the rear shock . I have always found that running a VPP frame in 30/35 % sag always best and with the CC or X2 the internal spacers dont effect the HSC or LSC as they are external . Set up of the CC air or X 2 is easy . I have found that leaving the shock fully open with the right sag , rebound and spacers its basically there . Only small adjustments are needed . I have found the bike is now allot faster as the mid stroke has support , its transformed the ride , easy to push of berms and still very supple and the sag is spot on . I had to stiffen up the forks as they were not keeping up . I chimed in because Ill be getting a new trail bike soon and adding an X2 , probably the solo over the bronson because the X2 is just so good .

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 12:29 Quote
Tmonster2301 wrote:
SoaringPanda wrote:
jginsb wrote:

AI would recommend going through your LBS, they are most likely a Santa Cruz Dealer assuming you bought it from them, and also a SRAM dealer, so I'm pretty sure you could go down there and have them order one for you.

Yes, the one they sent me allegedly is tuned for a Bronson

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 7:00 Quote
For some reason SC don't offer the CCDB on the Bronson v2 and I don't know why?

I've just bought mine and paid for the Fox shock upgrade, the climb switch switch is superb and reduces the travel to hardly anything. First time I switch to descent mode I thought I had a flat tyre, then realised it's just the shock giving me LOADS of travel.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013980
Mobile Version of Website