Devinci Troy vs Devinci Spartan

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Devinci Troy vs Devinci Spartan
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 2, 2016 at 15:20 Quote
i spent a long long ride on the 2014 mach 6...and to be honest i wasn't too impressed. down hill it was incredible...but on flats or uphill it felt really sloppy and unrefined....i have heard that the 2016 model feels much better.

i pedaled a patrol around last week, it felt great...rode lighter than it was.

Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 11:46 Quote
I have one full season on my Alloy Spartan. I ride gnarly vt downhill, and have a few days at bike parks like highland and burke. Coming off a downhill bike, it pedals just fine for all mountain rides, however imo it isn't very well suited for slow/tighter stuff. It climbs well, but it really comes alive and handles exactly like a DH bike on the descents. It's ridiculous how much better the bike handles the faster you go, or the steeper it is. Like I said, if its more mellow and slower, the bike might be overkill and sort of feels like a heavy/planted downhill bike. Only thing I've done to it from stock is put a 1x10 on it which is a necessity.

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 10:26 Quote
somismtb wrote:
fla3h wrote:
Hello guys , for an all-around am rig between these two, with which of these two would you go ? I mean which has a better pedal efficiency and maneuverability ? We all know Spartan descends like a DH or so but what about the rest ?

Thanks

I just built up a carbon Spartan, 29 lbs, pedaling is very respectable, handles like a champ (might be due to the DVO). I would ride both, if you don't mind suffering a little more on the climbs to know your bike can handle just about anything you throw at it, get the Spartan. It's no slouch when you drop the hammer.

If you are looking for something that makes your think, wow this is a XC bike. Get the Troy. But done expect it to eat up the bike park like Stevie Smith does on his.

29" Spartan?

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 18:56 Quote
briceps wrote:
somismtb wrote:
fla3h wrote:
Hello guys , for an all-around am rig between these two, with which of these two would you go ? I mean which has a better pedal efficiency and maneuverability ? We all know Spartan descends like a DH or so but what about the rest ?

Thanks

I just built up a carbon Spartan, 29 lbs, pedaling is very respectable, handles like a champ (might be due to the DVO). I would ride both, if you don't mind suffering a little more on the climbs to know your bike can handle just about anything you throw at it, get the Spartan. It's no slouch when you drop the hammer.

If you are looking for something that makes your think, wow this is a XC bike. Get the Troy. But done expect it to eat up the bike park like Stevie Smith does on his.

29" Spartan?

29 pound Spartan is what he typed. If you want a 29" wheel Spartan you will need to wait for a redesign on the frame or if your lucky, maybe run some really skinny tires and it might work out with a 29"

Posted: Sep 30, 2017 at 7:20 Quote
i have had both for 3 years i use the spartan for mainly DH now i have raced and won all my DH races on it but also used at the national champ enduro this year with a 40km loop and 10 stages and won that

saying that i use my troy more than the spartan the troy is amazing i use a vivid air on the back and it complete changed it i also run 160 dual pikes the only reason i used the spartan at the enduro was my troy was broke, the troy corners and grips better than any bike i have rode, i have had maybe 10 bikes after buying the troy but always end up selling them and going back to the troy.

the spartan just felt to DH on some of the tight tracks you get in the UK plus i am not the youngest or fittest rider

if you can afford both get them both if not and you are fit get the spartan as you can do every think on it for me being old and lack of fitness go for the troy

i use the old troy as i am short but think the new ones have a more up to date geometry

Posted: Nov 4, 2017 at 9:53 Quote
Love my troy with big rims 2,8 in front 2.6 in back minions of coarse.160 travel fork fox 36.new shock with 150 in back 30 lbs.low setting.bigger fork n tires raise bb just enough for less pedal strikes n a slacker head angle 66.2 or so.I'm not a climber either but this beast rips the downs cheers

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009804
Mobile Version of Website