Looking for specialized small parts

PB Forum :: Specialized
Looking for specialized small parts
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 14, 2015 at 20:42 Quote
On my command post blacklite remote lever there is small sex bolt that holds the remote stabile in place. On my last ride, the sex bolt came loose and fell off rendering my remote useless. My background is in MX and when a part like this goes missing, it's easy to look up a microfiche, find the part number and order it from my dealer. Obviously, Specialized and the bike industry works differently. My LBS referred me to look at the local hardware store to find a sex bolt that fits.... I have two issues with that; 1st) I dont know what size I would need. 2nd) My bicycle cost $4,800 retail, I dont want to put some janky ACE hardware sex bolt that would be best suited in a public urinal dividing wall. I want the Specialized replacement or a suitable aluminum fastener.

I really don't want to buy a new remote either. I'm not too keen on the new "shifter" style SLR lever with matchmaker. Nor am I really digging the KS enough to fork out the $60. I just want the $5 sex bolt. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.052365
Mobile Version of Website