Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
bcf811 wrote:
Thanks for the tip. Buddy of mine has an extra set of 27+ wheels I am going to try out at some point.

anytime mate! i'm curious what your impressions will be!

i went from a 29 x 2.3 high roller 2 dual compound to 27 x 2.8 minion dhf 3c max speed (w/o cushcore though) on my honzo, and that thing climbs like a snowcat now Smile
when i go back to 29, it'll be either 2.5 dhf 3c maxterra, or a 2.6 rekon 3c maxterra (if it fits).

a good point made by andrew major (iirc) is that on a hardtail, it makes sense to have a rear tire with softer compound compared to what you would use on a full squish, for the benefit of added traction.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
JesseE wrote:
jph406 wrote:
Hey All. I just built this up. Size Large. I'm 6' with a 35 mm stem. Fits like a glove.

This forum 100% convinced me to get a Rootdown and after it's maiden voyage I understand now. '

Here's a few shots:

Sweet rig!

We're about the same height, have you ever tried the bars lower? Mine are slammed to the headset with a small rise in the bars

Maybe he/she rides steeper gnar than you ????

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 15:46 Quote
Would you recommend buying a Rootdown frame and building it up? (2020 because 2019 frames are hard to find)
Or would you consider buying a complete bike? With a 150mm Yari, NX eagle, Chromag parts... the 2019 build at The Lost co is pretty much what I would want to build it up to minus a dropper, and the price is... fair at $2500, pretty comparable to frame + retail parts.
My big concerns here are about saving ma money (and the concern that a frame would take 2 more months of waiting to stock). I know 2 months including black friday is enough time for me to get a parts build together, but if it’s gonna be as or more expensive than the pre-built, for pretty much the same spec level, should I even bother building it up?

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 17:53 Quote
Buy now and shred now!

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 8:11 Quote
fewnofrwgijn wrote:
Would you recommend buying a Rootdown frame and building it up? (2020 because 2019 frames are hard to find)
Or would you consider buying a complete bike? With a 150mm Yari, NX eagle, Chromag parts... the 2019 build at The Lost co is pretty much what I would want to build it up to minus a dropper, and the price is... fair at $2500, pretty comparable to frame + retail parts.
My big concerns here are about saving ma money (and the concern that a frame would take 2 more months of waiting to stock). I know 2 months including black friday is enough time for me to get a parts build together, but if it’s gonna be as or more expensive than the pre-built, for pretty much the same spec level, should I even bother building it up?

I had the same debate, in the end I bought the Rootdown as a built bike and it saved me a lot of cash. I even opted for the reverb. The upside is those Chromag hubs are rock solid. The downside is that I am riding with a few components that I wouldn’t have chosen, though I admit they work just fine. Buy now, shred now.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 8:35 Quote
fewnofrwgijn wrote:
I always end up building mine up but I'm hella picky about my parts. Their completes are a good deal. Also, I hear good things about their wheels. If time is your enemy, then buy now. I usually build over the winter and cherry pick parts for cheap.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 12:16 Quote
Alright that’s it, I’m convinced. The build is what I’d want and the price is fair and ultimately unavoidable, the 2020 frame geometry (according to the lost co) is basically just another 10mm of reach, an extra 5mm longer chainstays, and a smidge more standover, and I’m not patient enough for that.
Now for the real question
Blue or Black?

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 12:23 Quote
Flip a coin they both look good. I got a black one. Finish is top notch.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 13:04 Quote
fewnofrwgijn wrote:
Alright that’s it, I’m convinced. The build is what I’d want and the price is fair and ultimately unavoidable, the 2020 frame geometry (according to the lost co) is basically just another 10mm of reach, an extra 5mm longer chainstays, and a smidge more standover, and I’m not patient enough for that.
Now for the real question
Blue or Black?

I don't think there is any wrong choice for color. I went black too. The blue and green look great. Even that yellow gold color grew on me. I would be happy with any color in the end. The bike rips

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
Pandalosi0 wrote:
I don't think there is any wrong choice for color. I went black too. The blue and green look great. Even that yellow gold color grew on me. I would be happy with any color in the end. The bike rips
Yeah once I saw how great the blue looked in this thread compared to the website image, I figured the color would be amazing no matter what. The images on their website look terrible honestly. I’m still leaning to black but the sexy blue bikes being posted here aren’t helping that.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 13:39 Quote
fewnofrwgijn wrote:
Pandalosi0 wrote:
Yeah once I saw how great the blue looked in this thread compared to the website image, I figured the color would be amazing no matter what. The images on their website look terrible honestly. I’m still leaning to black but the sexy blue bikes being posted here aren’t helping that.

Can't go wrong with black. It's always a safe choice. Every now and then I think about the yellow. Get some color in my life haha. But it's all about the ride. Not looking at the frame color too much while riding haha

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 18:14 Quote
Just going to leave this here. I love my blue Rootdown.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 18:59 Quote
I too love your blue rootdown tup

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 18:09 Quote
wrote:

I had the saddle just needed to pull it all together, sorry about the bad garage pic

Active Forum Threads
2 mins ago - The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
4 mins ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
7 mins ago - Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
11 mins ago - YT Capra Owners
25 mins ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
35 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
1 hours ago - Canyon Owners Club
1 hours ago - Zimbabwe +27739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in harare/gweru
1 hours ago - Witbank 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills nelspruit IN middleburg/pietretief
1 hours ago - Welkom 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in mthatha/butterworth/queenstown
1 hours ago - Westonaria 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in carletonville, northam, mafikeng, brits
1 hours ago - Girls Still Definitely Suck
1 hours ago - Vryheid 0739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in pietermariztburg/newcastle
1 hours ago - Vereeniging 0739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in bloemfontein/witbank
1 hours ago - Vanderbijlpark 0739143863 penis enlargement cream in secunda/standerton in klerksdorp/orkney/
1 hours ago - Taung 0739143863 penis enlargement cream in vryburg/mafikeng/lichtenburg/polokwane/makopane
1 hours ago - Tembisa 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in midrand, randburg, fourways, sandton, cosmocity,
1 hours ago - Standerton 0739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in middleburg/pietretief/
1 hours ago - Stanger 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in pinetown, vryheid/richards bay/
1 hours ago - Sandton 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in Tsakane, Thokoza, Tembisa, Springs: j
1 hours ago - Soweto mens clinic 0739143863 penis enlargement cream and pills in roodepoort/lenasia
1 hours ago - Sandton 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in Tsakane, Thokoza, Tembisa, Springs: j
1 hours ago - Secunda 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pill in standerton/ermelo//witbank/welkom/middleburg
1 hours ago - Springs & Brakpan 0739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills benoni boksburg -nigel/
1 hours ago - Richards bay 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in stanger IN MTHATHA/VRYHEID/

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013480
Mobile Version of Website