Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 15:11 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
mmmm-kay

SWEET mmkay!

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 19:15 Quote
@sterlingmagnum how do you dig those e13 tires? I couldn't handle it on the back but might put back on for the winter muck.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 19:24 Quote
chezotron wrote:
@sterlingmagnum how do you dig those e13 tires? I couldn't handle it on the back but might put back on for the winter muck.

I love them. Been on them a couple years now.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 18:01 Quote
My third ride on a M/L doctahawk. I rode an old surface then Primer before this so I’ve seen and ridden the evolution. I was told it’ll take at least 6 rides to get use to new geo, but I’m feeling pretty good about it already. I’m very impressed with my confidence in steep tech terrain. If you ride steep gnar then this bike is for you. If you don’t ride steeps then I’d look at the Primer and Surface. That’s my 2 cents so far from three rides. More photos to come.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 21:19 Quote
playdead wrote:
My third ride on a M/L doctahawk.

Nice looking bike. Any impressions on how it rides in slow chunky up and down?

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 22:11 Quote
Loudpawlz wrote:
playdead wrote:
My third ride on a M/L doctahawk.

Nice looking bike. Any impressions on how it rides in slow chunky up and down?

I rode one of the most technical trails here in Bellingham, WA in some
really wet conditions. You literally have to use trials moves to go up and down stuff. Didn’t put my foot down once. Super impressed. There was one really tight switchback on the climb that had some diagonal wet roots that my friends on full squish “shorter” Santa Cruz bikes couldn’t do. I cleaned it. Also cleaned a short, but one of the steepest rocky/rooty trails leading up to the top of a descent that most people hike a bike. I’ve only made it three times and those previous times were dry. Today was WET and DANK

Honestly though, if you ride steep gnarly stuff we have in the northwest it’s perfect. Probably overkill if you don’t have steeps in your neck of the woods.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 4:14 Quote
playdead wrote:

I rode one of the most technical trails here in Bellingham, WA in some
really wet conditions. You literally have to use trials moves to go up and down stuff. Didn’t put my foot down once. Super impressed. There was one really tight switchback on the climb that had some diagonal wet roots that my friends on full squish “shorter” Santa Cruz bikes couldn’t do. I cleaned it. Also cleaned a short, but one of the steepest rocky/rooty trails leading up to the top of a descent that most people hike a bike. I’ve only made it three times and those previous times were dry. Today was WET and DANK

Honestly though, if you ride steep gnarly stuff we have in the northwest it’s perfect. Probably overkill if you don’t have steeps in your neck of the woods.

That bike looks so Rad, every time I see a Pic of a doctahawk I'm positively blown away. Is this silver or raw, actually?
Thanks for sharing your impressions, sounds like you're really enjoying it and that the bike is exactly fitting for your style of riding.
How did you set it up? 180mm front? And which tire compound did you choose? Sorry can't tell it from the pic. Would you care to share the full spec list?
Thanks!
Enjoy the beast! ????

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 7:32 Quote
It’s clear over raw steel. I’ll give build specs to you later today.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
Sounds perfect.... just perfect

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 8:48 Quote
playdead wrote:

Splendid, thanks a lot! Looking forward to it!

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
playdead wrote:

I need those spacers.

Man how I love that raw finish.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 10:28 Quote
JesseE wrote:
playdead wrote:

I need those spacers.

Man how I love that raw finish.

It’s kind of a nice pop.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 16:58 Quote
Raw frames are the business

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 17:44 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Raw frames are the business

Absolutely...Drool

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 20:31 Quote
Does anyone know if there is a magic gear to run the Surface single speed?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015139
Mobile Version of Website