Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 10:24 Quote
Sweet! Yes I think I saw those in the chromag behind brand article on nsmb. Cheers![/Quote]

Hey thanks for mentioning that article - I'd missed it and it's a great read!

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
GatDog wrote:
Sweet! Yes I think I saw those in the chromag behind brand article on nsmb. Cheers!

Hey thanks for mentioning that article - I'd missed it and it's a great read![/Quote]

no need to thank me - I really enjoyed the article as well. Chromag seem to be a bunch of really decent folks. when (not if Smile ) i ever make it to whistler again, i'll make sure to drop by. chances are that i wont leave empty handed Big Grin

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 3:40 Quote
JoelTGM wrote:
Finally got my rohloff hub and the next day here it is! Love it.
Keep in mind if someone wants to put a rohloff on their chromag you'll need to modify the removable dropout and make a spacer. Joeltgm@gmail.com if you have questions.

Who ever the a hole that talked you into a rohloff should be shot .... o ...wait a tick...

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 17:12 Quote
Does anyone know if there is a difference in wheelbase from the 2017 Primer to the current one? I believe the current model is 1233mm.

I want to know if my large 2017 Primer will fit in the regular Evoc bike bag (max 1260mm) or if I need the XL version. I doubt they shortened the wheel base of the Primer but I just want to make sure.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 16:40 Quote
S-nicholas wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a difference in wheelbase from the 2017 Primer to the current one? I believe the current model is 1233mm.

I want to know if my large 2017 Primer will fit in the regular Evoc bike bag (max 1260mm) or if I need the XL version. I doubt they shortened the wheel base of the Primer but I just want to make sure.

My 2017 M/L rootdown ba wheelbase measures just under 1200mm if that helps

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 5:44 Quote
Decided to try something new with my Rootdown for winter. Singletrack shakedown this Saturday but first impressions around the neighborhood are good...

Switched forks from my full sus, extended to 160mm. 27.5+ Spank Oozy and 27.5 x 3.0 45nrth Wrathchild tires with studs.

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 6:53 Quote
double rad

Anyone worry about their forks in winter?

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
SICK. I'm about to mount up my studs too. 29er tho.

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 8:35 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
double rad

Not really....

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 9:03 Quote
double rad

I do for a moment. Lots of rain where been I'm at. But then I decide to just have fun riding. Repair is its own deal for later

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
Pandalosi0 wrote:
double rad

I do for a moment. Lots of rain where been I'm at. But then I decide to just have fun riding. Repair is its own deal for later
''

I worry more about cold temps. I have one hardtail now and it's my winter (actual winter) bike too and have worried about the slidey bits.

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 12:37 Quote
yes to a certain extent, but I have serviced fatbike forks for others and they aren't much different (at all) from what we use for summer use. I think there may be a risk of the shims (if your fork uses them) bending due to the lower viscosity of the oil, so maybe run something lighter weight if you have the option - but that would require significant service/teardown. But probably not charging as hard in the winter anyways...

so, FWIW, I don't really know, and until I break something I guess it doesn't matter haha!

Pandalosi0 wrote:
double rad

''

I worry more about cold temps. I have one hardtail now and it's my winter (actual winter) bike too and have worried about the slidey bits.

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 17:56 Quote
Braston wrote:
Decided to try something new with my Rootdown for winter. Singletrack shakedown this Saturday but first impressions around the neighborhood are good...

Switched forks from my full sus, extended to 160mm. 27.5+ Spank Oozy and 27.5 x 3.0 45nrth Wrathchild tires with studs.

Dude that is sick. What's clearance like in the rear? Did you need to dish the wheel to the non drive side at all?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007770
Mobile Version of Website