Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 13:04 Quote
Why can't I find the Surface Ti frame in buy sell?

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 13:05 Quote
i have it under all mountain/enduro bikes... seems to get more views than frame only. Its there.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 13:49 Quote
You're sure it's a L and not a M/L. Asking for a friend

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
I am sure. Let your friend know Wink

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 14:53 Quote
I refuse to try any intervention here. I let those with a chromag problem persist xD

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 15:02 Quote
2020 M/L Indigo Rootdown frame landed yesterday. 80% done building it up. Still need to pick up grips, a IS/Post 180 mm rear brake adapter, and decide which dropper and saddle to run. Really tempted to try a Trailmaster.

I’m also trying to decide if I’m going to pull the decals from the fork and wheels. The wheel decals are actually a fairly close match.

photo
photo

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 15:09 Quote
Ranger242 wrote:
2020 M/L Indigo Rootdown frame landed yesterday. 80% done building it up. Still need to pick up grips, a IS/Post 180 mm rear brake adapter, and decide which dropper and saddle to run. Really tempted to try a Trailmaster.

I’m also trying to decide if I’m going to pull the decals from the fork and wheels. The wheel decals are actually a fairly close match.

I’m not seeing the photo link tools on my phone. Will try to edit the post to add progress pictures.

I use the trailmaster on my two bikes. I like it. Bit heavy but comfy for long rides and they shed the mud and rain well.

I really like the OneUp dropper plus remote and their warranty and service are top notch (I bought direct). Super easy to install and service. And keeps the build as BC as possible!

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 15:13 Quote
ninjamoose161161 wrote:

I use the trailmaster on my two bikes. I like it. Bit heavy but comfy for long rides and they shed the mud and rain well.

I really like the OneUp dropper plus remote and their warranty and service are top notch (I bought direct). Super easy to install and service. And keeps the build as BC as possible!

Thanks for the feedback. I was on a similar line of thought but was leaning towards a PNW Bachelor post. Maybe not BC but at least Pacific NW.

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 15:29 Quote
Like the electric blue

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 17:58 Quote
Now I really want mine... Lol glad I went with Indigo, it looks even better outside in the light.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 18:18 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
Now I really want mine... Lol glad I went with Indigo, it looks even better outside in the light.

It’s an interesting color. It has a bit more aqua or turquoise in it than I was expecting. I like it but it’s definitely a bit brighter than I was expecting based on the marketing pictures. I really like the stealth black graphics on the blue background.

I’ll be interested to hear your impressions when yours shows up.

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 19:30 Quote
Ranger242 wrote:
BSheldon wrote:

It’s an interesting color. It has a bit more aqua or turquoise in it than I was expecting. I like it but it’s definitely a bit brighter than I was expecting based on the marketing pictures. I really like the stealth black graphics on the blue background.

I’ll be interested to hear your impressions when yours shows up.

Yeah, I'll definitely let you know. Mine will be set up in 29 form, not too much deviation from the stock GX build off their site. I asked for some silver stuff, got a set of scarabs and swapped the square waves for format grips because I want to try them out. Hopefully mid-March the next batch will come in.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 19:49 Quote
I love the format grips. Super nice.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 19:56 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
Yeah, I'll definitely let you know. Mine will be set up in 29 form, not too much deviation from the stock GX build off their site. I asked for some silver stuff, got a set of scarabs and swapped the square waves for format grips because I want to try them out. Hopefully mid-March the next batch will come in.

I am expecting that I’ll ultimately end up with a 2.6/29 setup. I had bought these 27.5+ wheels to try the setup on my Surface. I have never ridden a 27.5+ setup, so we’ll see.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014061
Mobile Version of Website