Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 22:19 Quote
May or may not have put a deposit down for a 2020 Rootdown frame. Set to ship in around May. Going to be swapping frames from my 2019 M/L Rootdown and posting that frame for sale. Just a heads up!

Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 22:25 Quote
Pandalosi0 wrote:
May or may not have put a deposit down for a 2020 Rootdown frame. Set to ship in around May. Going to be swapping frames from my 2019 M/L Rootdown and posting that frame for sale. Just a heads up!

Size change, color swap ? Or did they tweak geo a little?

Posted: Mar 8, 2020 at 10:23 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Pandalosi0 wrote:

Chainstays are 5mm longer but other than that the geo has stayed the same I believe.

Posted: Mar 8, 2020 at 10:51 Quote
Ahhhhh .... I do like that electronic bluesie color.

Posted: Mar 8, 2020 at 17:04 Quote
piman wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Pandalosi0 wrote:

Chainstays are 5mm longer but other than that the geo has stayed the same I believe.

longer reach and shorter seat tube too

Posted: Mar 8, 2020 at 17:28 Quote
photo
Another great day in the woods.

Posted: Mar 8, 2020 at 21:26 Quote
A ride on the Surface.
Views: 377    Faves: 2    Comments: 9

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 0:12 Quote
Where are all of the yellow frames at? Post pics if you've got one

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 9:09 Quote
Pandalosi0 wrote:

Was hoping they'd lose that color from the lineup and do a variation of the hunter green instead. I actually like the neon yellow/green Stylus from a couple years ago, but something about sunflower yellow is just off-putting. It's just preference, maybe I'm alone on this but I don't like yellow on vehicles either.

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 9:42 Quote
If it were matte yellow I think it would look killer

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 10:31 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
Pandalosi0 wrote:

Was hoping they'd lose that color from the lineup and do a variation of the hunter green instead. I actually like the neon yellow/green Stylus from a couple years ago, but something about sunflower yellow is just off-putting. It's just preference, maybe I'm alone on this but I don't like yellow on vehicles either.

I'm not a yellow fan or a colorful bike fan in general. But the yellow seems to be growing on me a bit. Might pick up a yellow frame. Black is always a safe choice though. Always looks good

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
At the end of the day, it's still a Chromag ^_^

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 13:01 Quote
I typically just strip bright paint asap.... just picked up a cheap dh bike and its neon yellow.... gotta do bearings so..... its off to the strip club

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 15:20 Quote
Has anyone setup their Rootdown as a mullet?

I'm about to order a Rootdown and I might configure it with a 27.5+ rear.

It will be my everyday bike and I'm selling my 2018 Santa Cruz 5010C. I'm nervous it won't be able to handle as much so I think the 27.5+ and a 2.8 rear tire will soak up some of the bump. Maybe even a cushcore.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013760
Mobile Version of Website