Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 10:17 Quote
chezotron wrote:
jph406 wrote:
Dabroski-5 wrote:
Quickfire question:should I get a rootdown 2020 or do you guys not think its a good idea.

Don't get one ... seriously no fun at all. NO FUN!

photo
I second that! Look at that piece of junk! This company can't even afford color!Whip

That emoji is great.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 13:24 Quote
chezotron wrote:
jph406 wrote:
Dabroski-5 wrote:
Quickfire question:should I get a rootdown 2020 or do you guys not think its a good idea.

photo
I second that! Look at that piece of junk! This company can't even afford color!Whip

I have to say that statement does bot apply too 2020 indigo

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 13:37 Quote
jph406 wrote:
chezotron wrote:
jph406 wrote:

photo

That emoji is great.

I dig the stealthy look. Are those carbon hoops? How does that feel? Besides being no fun.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
Those look like Ibis 741s?

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 14:17 Quote
chezotron wrote:
jph406 wrote:
chezotron wrote:

That emoji is great.

I dig the stealthy look. Are those carbon hoops? How does that feel? Besides being no fun.

Bsheldon - is close ... Ibis 941 (29er). They are great, crisp but absorb the chatter nicely. They are 35 mm wide internal and I think I'm going to put some 2.6 rubber on soon. The titanium stem and bar help a lot too.
photo

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 14:21 Quote
Samsonite... I was WAY off!

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 14:23 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
Samsonite... I was WAY off!

It happens to all of us.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 15:42 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Chad from Corvid Cycles (check him out) put one together here in the PNW at Tiger/Raging zones last year... it was a hoot. A couple of us will most likely carry that tradition on. I usually host a Leavenworth ride weekend as well. That place is super fun on a hardtail.

Who else read that as Covid Cycles?

photo

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 15:53 Quote
Hoping I get a call from the shop soon that my Primer is in. Should be any day now, but I'm concerned they may not be allowing people in so it'll be interesting to see how this goes down.

In other news I found a killer deal on a Box One 11s drivetrain, so I decided to opt for that since my 11-36t cassette is at the limit of what my Zee derangler can handle. This Box stuff looks nice!

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 16:40 Quote
ztahrens wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Chad from Corvid Cycles (check him out) put one together here in the PNW at Tiger/Raging zones last year... it was a hoot. A couple of us will most likely carry that tradition on. I usually host a Leavenworth ride weekend as well. That place is super fun on a hardtail.

Who else read that as Covid Cycles?

photo

lol

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 18:53 Quote
The shop called and my 2020 rootdown (indigo) is ready!

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 18:56 Quote
Oh Damn, new bike day....Hows that riding around Vegas ? videos Ive scene look amazing.

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 19:33 Quote
piman wrote:
Hoping I get a call from the shop soon that my Primer is in. Should be any day now, but I'm concerned they may not be allowing people in so it'll be interesting to see how this goes down.

In other news I found a killer deal on a Box One 11s drivetrain, so I decided to opt for that since my 11-36t cassette is at the limit of what my Zee derangler can handle. This Box stuff looks nice!

Looking forward to seeing your build. The Box stuff always have a unique look.

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 19:57 Quote
slaker wrote:
Oh Damn, new bike day....Hows that riding around Vegas ? videos Ive scene look amazing.

Lots of great tech with multiple trail systems all around the Valley. Bootleg canyon is 45 minutes away, Southern Utah is 2 hours, and Phoenix is 4 hrs. I've been really impressed.

These are the parts that are going on the new build. With a new SLX crankset to match.

photo

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 20:04 Quote
aflax wrote:
The shop called and my 2020 rootdown (indigo) is ready!

I just finalized everything today on mine as well, shipping to me tomorrow - so stoked!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013150
Mobile Version of Website