Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 8:27 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:

dude, that matte red kills the indigo if you ask me. With that chrome, Hey-Zues!

Yeah this thing is looking badass. Thanks!

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 12:46 Quote
kwl1 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
kwl1 wrote:
What's everyone running for BB92 bottom brackets? I'm waiting on a Primer frame which I am going to build up and I've never run pressfit before. I'll probably put XT cranks on it but want a nice smooth and not creaky.

I did a wheels manufacturing threaded / pressfit. Works great with no noise....

Nice, never heard of that brand before. I will check it out.

Another vote for Wheels Mfg. BBs. I've got one in my Rootdown BA. Get one if you have the cash.

BUT, every single time I thought a pressfit BB was creaking (over the course of 4 years on 3 different bikes), it always turned out to be something with the freehub, derailleur/hanger or rear axle that needed to be cleaned and/or lubed.

Don't be afraid of a basic pressfit BB. I think they take the blame for far more creaks than they actually cause.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
ztahrens wrote:
kwl1 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

I did a wheels manufacturing threaded / pressfit. Works great with no noise....

Nice, never heard of that brand before. I will check it out.

Another vote for Wheels Mfg. BBs. I've got one in my Rootdown BA. Get one if you have the cash.

BUT, every single time I thought a pressfit BB was creaking (over the course of 4 years on 3 different bikes), it always turned out to be something with the freehub, derailleur/hanger or rear axle that needed to be cleaned and/or lubed.

Don't be afraid of a basic pressfit BB. I think they take the blame for far more creaks than they actually cause.

Yeah, I might just try a basic BB to start out and see how it goes.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 17:17 Quote
That color....Salute Fab

piman wrote:

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 20:19 Quote
A couple pictures out in the wild and then I'll go back to admiring everyone else's builds.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 20:46 Quote
Nice. I saw an indigo in the flesh today. Very nice in person. Vivid in a good way.

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 20:34 Quote
The Indigo arrived today. I'll post pics tomorrow when it's not pitch black outside. Suffice to say, this thing is gorgeous and I couldn't be happier with the whole experience of buying and now owning one.

After bedding in the brakes and doing some neighborhood curb jumps with the kids, this thing already feels amazing. New style geo and being on 29 hoops will take some adjustment on my part, but I'm stoked for it.

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 22:50 Quote
You'll be amazed. Chromag understands static geometry more than anyone.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 17:30 Quote
The nut to remove the derailer hanger from my 2019 Rootdown seems to have seized... any suggestions on loosening it that doesn’t involve excessive force?

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 18:05 Quote
hdeb89 wrote:
The nut to remove the derailer hanger from my 2019 Rootdown seems to have seized... any suggestions on loosening it that doesn’t involve excessive force?

Loobe & heat

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 19:03 Quote
Yeah heat gun on low/medium and some PB Blaster/Gunk/etc. Penatrating oil.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 20:29 Quote
Well, as promised, here's a few shots. Texas officially shut down all trails today, but I still managed to get out with the family on power line access trail for a little fun and a desert sunset. This thing is so awesome; grinning from ear to ear is the only expression I can manage when I'm on it, and this color is a trip in sunlight.

New Bike Day 2020 Chromag Rootdown Indigo Blue Large

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 21:06 Quote
Great photos! Really shows the color well. I'm stoked for ya

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011587
Mobile Version of Website