PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 19:19 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
Here's the lovely beast when .

Do u find it pedals better now?

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 19:32 Quote
piman wrote:
Haven't stopped by in a couple weeks but stopping by to say that I noticed I've improved so much so far this season with the Primer. Never could ride the way I am on my old bike. Now I'm so much more confident and able to haul real ass. Still loving this thing.

Rode 4 days in a row last week (never even did two days in a row before this season). I'm in so much better shape this season because this bike makes me really want to get out an ride.

Also the hand pain is hardly noticeable anymore after rolling my bars a tad forward and figuring out my riding position.

That's awesome! Glad you are riding so well on your rig. I just put an order in on my own - can't wait. I test rode a rootdown before I put my order in and even though I've ridden many nice hardtails in the past 20 years, I was surprised how much I enjoyed the rootdown. It really blew me away. I'm not surprised you are enjoying yours so much and riding so well.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 19:37 Quote
mutton wrote:
leverfingers wrote:
Here's the lovely beast when .

Do u find it pedals better now?

Much better. Ha ha.

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 13:07 Quote
rahrider wrote:
piman wrote:
Haven't stopped by in a couple weeks but stopping by to say that I noticed I've improved so much so far this season with the Primer. Never could ride the way I am on my old bike. Now I'm so much more confident and able to haul real ass. Still loving this thing.

Rode 4 days in a row last week (never even did two days in a row before this season). I'm in so much better shape this season because this bike makes me really want to get out an ride.

Also the hand pain is hardly noticeable anymore after rolling my bars a tad forward and figuring out my riding position.

That's awesome! Glad you are riding so well on your rig. I just put an order in on my own - can't wait. I test rode a rootdown before I put my order in and even though I've ridden many nice hardtails in the past 20 years, I was surprised how much I enjoyed the rootdown. It really blew me away. I'm not surprised you are enjoying yours so much and riding so well.

Getting a Primer? What color?

Also the square chainring a couple posts ago is peculiar but I love the green frame.

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 15:51 Quote
piman wrote:
rahrider wrote:
piman wrote:

Getting a Primer? What color?

Also the square chainring a couple posts ago is peculiar but I love the green frame.

Spent a while looking for something less common but classic. The frame will be a greybrown colour in gloss with stenciled decals in platinum grey with a metal flake. Not exactly sure how it will all come out but it looked awesome in my mind when I ordered it.

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 18:56 Quote
slaker wrote:

That thing is rad! Details on the build? Is that a medium?

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 19:30 Quote
Medium/Large. Not mine...its my buddies ride. Cheers!

Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 18:15 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
NSB Quadrant Ring

Is this a real thing? or am i going to get wooshed

Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 18:49 Quote
That is a brisk woosh

Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 20:05 Quote
When you are pedaling squares

https://roadcyclinguk.com/how-to/introduction-to-strength-training-with-jo-mcrae-making-it-count-on-the-bike.html/4

One solution is to get a square chainring and align it with your legs so that you end up pedaling circles.

I can't vouch for this.

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 9:12 Quote
ski-n-bike-da-east wrote:
leverfingers wrote:
NSB Quadrant Ring

Is this a real thing? or am i going to get wooshed

It was an April fools joke by pinkbike... It got me too when I first saw it haha.

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 9:24 Quote
It's real. I did not want to cheap out and just do a rendering. I wanted to know if I could run teeth around any shape. I would have loved to have anodized it and put on the graphics, but I ran out of time.

It's real, and you can pedal it around and change gears and everything. I have one of them, that is the only one.

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 9:57 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
It's real. I did not want to cheap out and just do a rendering. I wanted to know if I could run teeth around any shape. I would have loved to have anodized it and put on the graphics, but I ran out of time.

It's real, and you can pedal it around and change gears and everything. I have one of them, that is the only one.

Video or it didn’t happen!

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 10:38 Quote
DMal wrote:
leverfingers wrote:

Video or it didn’t happen!
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/the-quadrant-ring--north-shore-billets-move-to-the-future.html

Link to video. It is real, but I thought it was a joke/gag product. It was posted on April 1st, 2018. How does it pedal Leverfingers?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009092
Mobile Version of Website