Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
Posted: Nov 9, 2020 at 21:52 Quote
alxcors wrote:
Quick question!! What kind of grease do you guys use for bike assembly? Muc off? Park tool? Regular bearing grease?

Finnish line premium grease is pretty nice. I got the park tool grease gun and the two work perfectly together. Park tool grease is a close second.

Posted: Nov 9, 2020 at 22:03 Quote
KyRob wrote:
I switched mine recently from a 50mm to a 35mm stem.

First trip after the swap was to a bike park and the difference was immediate and drastic. Corner felt better and felt like I had more control over the front.

Then I did some tigher single track stuff and wanted to switch back. I can't explain but it feels like the bike has to leaned over more to corner and it doesn't want to handle as quick on tight stuff. I haven't got a chance to switch back to 50mm on the same section but I think it felt more nimble at low speed with the 50mm. On fast flat corners I can get more weight on the front with the 35 though

Been trying out a 45mm stem this week (up from 35). Its definitely less twitchy and less floppy, which is great for technical single-track. The bike definitely feels more "all round" and less confident on the downs, but still confident enough. Definitely took 2 rides to start to get the feel for. Gonna keep it o for a little while...

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 8:03 Quote
Here it is Slaker... my Sucks racing steed Cool

And the shiny new banger

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 8:40 Quote
So cool photos.... I believe one of my first bikes was from there too but was a Stingray knock off with 3 speed ball buster shifter.. I remember it being light orange with ye;;wish tires and it had roadrunner decals on it.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 9:00 Quote
slaker wrote:
A fast 3 mile run is a great workout....I dont think I could run a block with this herniated disc flair up, Its weird cause I can Ride a bike all day though.I will be doing a long chain saw hike today though clear several fallen trees of my favorite local trail.

Thanks for cleaning that up for the rest of us.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
slaker wrote:
So cool photos.... I believe one of my first bikes was from there too but was a Stingray knock off with 3 speed ball buster shifter.. I remember it being light orange with ye;;wish tires and it had roadrunner decals on it.

So much fun. Probably like 1979/80-ish... I don’t know how the old man pulled it we didn’t have extra money back then.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
slaker wrote:

So much fun. Probably like 1979/80-ish... I don’t know how the old man pulled it we didn’t have extra money back then.
Putting the plate back into number plate. Fab

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 11:37 Quote
Oh that was the jam baby! lol

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 14:19 Quote
I cant believe im doing this haha Im buying a new rootdown since I decided to sell my wifes bike and give her the rootdown I currently own lol I fell in love so hard with that bike that I want to have 2 at home lol

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 16:35 Quote
alxcors wrote:
I cant believe im doing this haha Im buying a new rootdown since I decided to sell my wifes bike and give her the rootdown I currently own lol I fell in love so hard with that bike that I want to have 2 at home lol
Nice !Bet the wife is stoked too.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 16:40 Quote
Loudpawlz wrote:
slaker wrote:
A fast 3 mile run is a great workout....I dont think I could run a block with this herniated disc flair up, Its weird cause I can Ride a bike all day though.I will be doing a long chain saw hike today though clear several fallen trees of my favorite local trail.

Thanks for cleaning that up for the rest of us.
No Prob... Its my go to ride so Im usually on it when I know there are trees down. There were 7 pretty big ones this time..looked like a bomb went off up there.

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 17:24 Quote
Slaker, how’s the double down assegai treating you in the rear...

Oh lord did I just type that!

Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 17:30 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Slaker, how’s the double down assegai treating you in the rear...

Oh lord did I just type that!
Its pretty hard but I like it. lol I actually have the aggressor dd on back. Just new tires in general are a real luxury.... Dampening is phenomenal but I know that only lasts so long and I tend to run my tires till there about worthless. I may be trying the assegai on back at some point cause I think its the only tire available in dd in a 2.6 size and I want to try running plus set up again.

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 at 15:51 Quote
Darn COVED I just found out my build is in hold until February over a fork. To top it off I just sold my Meta HT. Lots of time will be spent on the gravel bike this winter. I need to buy a HT to tide me over LOL.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007591
Mobile Version of Website