Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 7:52 Quote
alxcors wrote:
Does anyone of you have ever tried to fit a primer ridewrap kit on a rootdown!? Currently looking for a frame protection for both of my rootdowns since paint seems to be on the fragile side.
I just bought a roll of helicopter tape and cut the pieces on my own. Probably added another pound to the damn bike but he will not scratch!

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
I ended up just letting mine go all natural. It has a couple of paint nicks but I plan on repowder coating in the future for fun. I really want a very dark shiny grey navy blue, saw this color on a wwii era Corsair from the pacific front and ever since then, I’ve wanted to paint a bike that color.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 8:38 Quote
adm750 wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
I've not wanted to dwell on it as there are lots of people who have had a terrible year, but covid was like winning the life lottery for me........

Things could change, I'm not naive, but I'm still in a bit of disbelief that I've made this long term dream come true and plan on soaking it up till I can't no more!

...........It's so easy to get wrapped up into routines that don't reflect the life we wanna live, but the life we've ended up living. It's unfortunate it has taken a shitty pandemic to slap some sense into some of us.

dude...congrats on things coming together for you in a positive way ! I know there are lots of people that have been struggling and I truly feel for them. However, there are others that just bitch and moan and do NOT seek the good within the rubbish pile and capitalize on it.

Stories like this are great to hear..!! Beer

Thanks man. It's been an amazing 6 months.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 8:38 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
I ended up just letting mine go all natural. It has a couple of paint nicks but I plan on repowder coating in the future for fun. I really want a very dark shiny grey navy blue, saw this color on a wwii era Corsair from the pacific front and ever since then, I’ve wanted to paint a bike that color.

LOVE THIS

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 8:41 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
As for hardtails, I barely ride one anymore - too many rocky trails!! hahahh

Your area is rad on a hardtail. Don't listen to those grumpy bastards in your local forum.

Don't get me wrong, I still ride mine and have ridden around here on a hardtail lots, just don't get the same kick out of my smaller wheeled shorter travel bike on this terrain. So much seated climbing, but I still bust it out about once a week or so. I'm on 27.5 2.6s which were great for the old local, but now I just want wagon wheels all the time and longer reach. There's less to play on here and more to mash, haha. Also, going down the lumps on a hardtail works my hips in a way I find, unpleasant...

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 11:28 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:

sorry chef....dick moment - actually an F6 Hellcat. Not near as sexy as the Corsair but I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eatin' crackers....!!

nonetheless - an absolutely striking color Wink

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 11:30 Quote
adm750 wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

sorry chef....dick moment - actually an F6 Hellcat. Not near as sexy as the Corsair but I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eatin' crackers....!!

nonetheless - an absolutely striking color Wink

You’re correct! Doh!!!

This is at Paul Allen’s Flying Heritage Museum. The vast majority of the planes are flight ready. Oil pans on the floor style... they have a Zero next to a MIG... it’s amazing

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 12:00 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:

You’re correct! Doh!!!

This is at Paul Allen’s Flying Heritage Museum. The vast majority of the planes are flight ready. Oil pans on the floor style... they have a Zero next to a MIG... it’s amazing

man ! that's a killer museum ! just checked it out online... The smell of a hangar is the best...especially with flight-ready aircraft.

We have a place here in Canton called MAPS.... smaller place but still cool. I've always wanted to go there and just ask if I can help work on the aircraft for free...lol.
We live pretty close to the airport so you get to see some cool old stuff doing flight tests when the weather is nice. Nothing like a bid ol' radial thundering along...

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

We also have the Air Force museum in Dayton....now that place is incredible. You'd have a heyday....!! I looked into loaning them the piece of heat shield I have from the Apollo 8 mission (flown) but I'd have to relinquish it. No way man...I'm keeping that piece if history...

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
I love that stuff. They used to do mock dog fights and I could see them from my house. What a surreal sight: Messerschmidt vs P51 or. Zero vs the Hellcat. Hearing them loop around is a crazy sound. The control those pilots had.

Wife’s grandparents were in Berlin during WWII. While not the same, it makes you think about what that could have been like. Those prop planes make such amazing sounds and the visual of them flying in is daunting.

Anyways back to Chromag bikes!

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
Whipped up this one last night:

I was pretty excited to get it so as soon as FedEx showed up, I ran to the basement with it to start assembly. Feels pretty good, as far as riding around the basement. Have some studded tires on the way so I can get some actual riding in.

Will get some better pics later ... in its' natural environment.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 13:39 Quote
husstler wrote:

I was pretty excited to get it so as soon as FedEx showed up, I ran to the basement with it to start assembly. Feels pretty good, as far as riding around the basement. Have some studded tires on the way so I can get some actual riding in.

ah...dude....! damned those are nice bikes.... Drool

Santa Clause did NOT show up at my place... Really Mad

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 13:41 Quote
husstler wrote:

wahoo that looks splendid! congrats!

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 13:42 Quote
rynee wrote:
wahoo that looks splendid! congrats!

Most highly anticipated bike (frame) I have ever experienced.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 13:42 Quote
husstler wrote:

that's rad. super stoked for you.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 15:36 Quote
That bomber looks great on that thing.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009423
Mobile Version of Website