Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 15:55 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
That bomber looks great on that thing.

I've ridden it a bit on my previous bike and would say it's my favorite fork. Coil Z1, set to 170mm travel. Little porky but in terms of ride quality it's a winner.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 16:04 Quote
husstler wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:

I've ridden it a bit on my previous bike and would say it's my favorite fork. Coil Z1, set to 170mm travel. Little porky but in terms of ride quality it's a winner.
Good to know.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 20:50 Quote
husstler wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:

And judging by you headshot you’ve rode a lot in that 170mm range.... lol

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 17:59 Quote
photo

Here’s another shot from today on my Doctahawk. Conditions were ridiculous

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 9:10 Quote
Fantastic picture. The more I ride my Doctahawk the more I love the bike.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
SC38 wrote:

It’s an amazing bike in the right terrain! It’s allowed me to ride features and trails I have always said, “no thanks” to.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 9:50 Quote
robbiekane wrote:
SC38 wrote:

It’s an amazing bike in the right terrain! It’s allowed me to ride features and trails I have always said, “no thanks” to.

What is surprising me most is that it is more versatile than I thought. There hasn't been much terrain that it hasn't been a great bike for.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 10:18 Quote
SC38 wrote:
robbiekane wrote:
SC38 wrote:

What is surprising me most is that it is more versatile than I thought. There hasn't been much terrain that it hasn't been a great bike for.

Yeah, you’re right. I don’t ever wish I was on my Primer (previous bike). My doctahawk climbs better and overall I feel great on loooooong days on the bike. All the haters say it won’t corner as well, but I’ve made a few REALLY tight technical corners I’ve never made on previous bikes until I got my doctahawk. It’s also still flickable which is important to me.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 11:19 Quote
That is exactly what I have found. I have a beautiful Surface Ti that ends up sitting around because of how fun the Doc is in all situations. Totally surprised me. I thought I would have the perfect combo of bikes but it turns out the overlap is way more than I anticipated.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 13:56 Quote
robbiekane wrote:

Here’s another shot from today on my Doctahawk. Conditions were ridiculous

stunning !! looks like an amazing place to ride...

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 14:04 Quote
Rootdown Ti showed up today. Extremely pumped

44mm offset fork this time around.

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 16:03 Quote
That root ti is sick!

Just got my Primer, as in I just opened the box. I pull the frame out and it looks great but as clear as day I hear metal shavings bouncing around inside the rear triangle. This isn’t my first “custom” bike and it’s not a quiet get over it sound. It sounds like BB’s

Anyone else have this issue? I’d be shocked if it’s the norm seems more to a QC miss to me.

Thanks in advance

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 16:14 Quote
Can you get a magnet and put it by one of the relief holes to remove the shavings?

You can also squirt some crazy glue inside to get the bits to stick if your in a pinch.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018013
Mobile Version of Website