Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
Author Message
Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 12:47 Quote
Views: 90    Faves: 1    Comments: 0
Views: 95    Faves: 1    Comments: 0


Workin on rocky stuff in NC's piedmont the last couple weeks! Chunkus is at a local trail system but the bumpus is a homemade roll Wink Haven't ridden the full sus since building this thing up. Too much fun! I've got a B+ wheel on the way for the rear...

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
Braston wrote:
PolarenX wrote:
Hey hopefully a quick question.

I have Magura MT Trail Carbon brakes.

I have a Marzocchi Z1 Coil front fork and a Rootdown frame.

For rotors I have Storm CL 203 front and 180 rear.

What adapters would I need? I find the documentation a little confusing.

It looks like a QM41 and a QM42?

Thanks!

Running a similar setup, rear is QM41. if the post mount on the Marzocchi is 160 you're right with the QM42. If it's 180 post mount like on my current fork then you need the QM44.

Z1 is 180mm post mount.

QM44

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 14:08 Quote
husstler wrote:
Braston wrote:
PolarenX wrote:
Hey hopefully a quick question.

I have Magura MT Trail Carbon brakes.

I have a Marzocchi Z1 Coil front fork and a Rootdown frame.

For rotors I have Storm CL 203 front and 180 rear.

What adapters would I need? I find the documentation a little confusing.

It looks like a QM41 and a QM42?

Thanks!

Running a similar setup, rear is QM41. if the post mount on the Marzocchi is 160 you're right with the QM42. If it's 180 post mount like on my current fork then you need the QM44.

Z1 is 180mm post mount.

QM44

Much appreciated! Thanks, Makes this much easier.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 5:28 Quote
^^^^ so jealous Confused

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 19:57 Quote
adm750 wrote:
^^^^ so jealous Confused
Its a nice spot to play through the late fall ,winter and early spring months I certainly do not take any of it for granted. So looking forward to another big mountain season...but I am fine with the blustery spring wether as long as it lasts...A true Coloradoan would never complain about snow or rain knowing it only takes one or two dry days to become red flag fire season...

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 9:41 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
adm750 wrote:
^^^^ so jealous Confused
Its a nice spot to play through the late fall ,winter and early spring months I certainly do not take any of it for granted. So looking forward to another big mountain season...but I am fine with the blustery spring wether as long as it lasts...A true Coloradoan would never complain about snow or rain knowing it only takes one or two dry days to become red flag fire season...

Already sweating my ass off with my local temps - I'd happy take a few more cool weeks, haha

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 9:48 Quote
The weather just sort of flipped a switch! The good news is that the sun is out a lot longer these days.. More riding to be had! It's a big thing for me, but I am up to 2 rides a week and starting to look like 3 a week is possible. One more big trip for work then it's time to take advantage of this spring weather.

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 11:17 Quote
Moar snow. Ski time.

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
Moar snow. Ski time.
skiing feels like such a distant memory a month after my last pow day, haha. out 2 or more times a week now and stoked on easy fun that can be had within an hour or two versus like 5 hour minimum door to door for slopes and that's with only a 35min drive to the hill. .

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
SC38 wrote:

Hell yeah! Very cool build. I see lots and lots of singletrack in your future.

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 16:59 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
adm750 wrote:
^^^^ so jealous Confused
Its a nice spot to play through the late fall ,winter and early spring months I certainly do not take any of it for granted. So looking forward to another big mountain season...but I am fine with the blustery spring wether as long as it lasts...A true Coloradoan would never complain about snow or rain knowing it only takes one or two dry days to become red flag fire season...

Already sweating my ass off with my local temps - I'd happy take a few more cool weeks, haha
I cling on to winter cause when it gets hot its hot and all the wackos come out...The only thing I like about summer is riding bikes in the alpine which is amazing...the rest sucks..


Hears me chasing a Doctahawk in the alpine during our extended season last year.


Views: 224    Faves: 2    Comments: 6

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 17:02 Quote
SC38 wrote:

This a Ti Surface or Rootdown ???


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009573
Mobile Version of Website