Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 19:06 Quote
Has anyone on here ran their root down as a mullet? I’m looking at building one, and thinking of the mullet so both of my bikes have interchangeable wheel sets.

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 19:30 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
SC38 wrote:

This a Ti Surface or Rootdown ???

Rootdown

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 20:16 Quote
SC38 wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
SC38 wrote:

This a Ti Surface or Rootdown ???

Rootdown
Nice !Drool

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 20:53 Quote
Views: 215    Faves: 1    Comments: 2

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 5:08 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
Its a nice spot to play through the late fall ,winter and early spring months I certainly do not take any of it for granted. So looking forward to another big mountain season...but I am fine with the blustery spring wether as long as it lasts...A true Coloradoan would never complain about snow or rain knowing it only takes one or two dry days to become red flag fire season...

Already sweating my ass off with my local temps - I'd happy take a few more cool weeks, haha
I cling on to winter cause when it gets hot its hot and all the wackos come out...The only thing I like about summer is riding bikes in the alpine which is amazing...the rest sucks..

Hears me chasing a Doctahawk in the alpine during our extended season last year.

sweet vid man. Looks like a blast of a trail. tup

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 14:15 Quote
harperrider wrote:
Has anyone on here ran their root down as a mullet? I’m looking at building one, and thinking of the mullet so both of my bikes have interchangeable wheel sets.

I ran an og Primer and Rootdown BA mullet for 3 years, before mullet was really a thing. It worked really well for rear tire traction, a bit of extra give in the stiffer rear end, and slackened out the HT just a hair without lowering the bb unacceptably

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 5:51 Quote
ronufoh wrote:
harperrider wrote:

I ran an og Primer and Rootdown BA mullet for 3 years, before mullet was really a thing. It worked really well for rear tire traction, a bit of extra give in the stiffer rear end, and slackened out the HT just a hair without lowering the bb unacceptably

Just got a set of B+ wheels in last night to try this out!

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 1:07 Quote
You can hear my buddy refer to his Doctahawk as a bit long on this maneuver.

Views: 141    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 7:37 Quote
Those trails look fun!

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 8:04 Quote
husstler wrote:
Those trails look fun!
Not a dull moment on that one.

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 20:58 Quote
Lower section of my regular local ride, good video thanks to my buddies new Hero 8, stabilization's on par

Views: 211    Faves: 3    Comments: 0

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 1:57 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
Lower section of my regular local ride, good video thanks to my buddies new Hero 8, stabilization's on par

Very nice video, that trail looks like good fun.
And the video quality is impressive, no fish eye effect anymore with that one!? I'm still stuck with my hero 2, guess it's time to consider an upgrade.
How are your bikes set up?

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 7:30 Quote
rynee wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:

And the video quality is impressive, no fish eye effect anymore with that one!? I'm still stuck with my hero 2, guess it's time to consider an upgrade.
We are both set uo with 29" wheels currently, 180mm fork on the Doc and 170mm on the Surface.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 12:47 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
rynee wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:

We are both set uo with 29" wheels currently, 180mm fork on the Doc and 170mm on the Surface.

Wow, a Surface with a 170mm fork, does he use an angle headset?
The Doc for sure is in its natural habitat on that trail!

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 16:18 Quote
rynee wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
rynee wrote:

Wow, a Surface with a 170mm fork, does he use an angle headset?
The Doc for sure is in its natural habitat on that trail!
The Surface is mine and no angle set actually rides really well.... My buddy loves his Doc, even shines more on steeper terrain.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009295
Mobile Version of Website