Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
O+
Posted: May 5, 2021 at 7:59 Quote
Very cool read!

I know the staff at chromag is slammed these days, but wouldn’t it be cool to get a monthly interview or write up about a chromag rider’s unique bike? I mean, to allot of FS riders they’d look the same, but there’s some unique Chromag’s out there. I mean, just in the group of friends I ride with all of our chromags are completely different and unique in their own ways.

O+
Posted: May 5, 2021 at 9:57 Quote
Thanks for the feedback guys! Angle set is ordered

O+
Posted: May 5, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
robbiekane wrote:
Very cool read!

I know the staff at chromag is slammed these days, but wouldn’t it be cool to get a monthly interview or write up about a chromag rider’s unique bike? I mean, to allot of FS riders they’d look the same, but there’s some unique Chromag’s out there. I mean, just in the group of friends I ride with all of our chromags are completely different and unique in their own ways.

Something like a global online "Show 'n Shine"? That would be awesome.

O+
Posted: May 5, 2021 at 16:57 Quote
allride-now wrote:
robbiekane wrote:
Very cool read!

Something like a global online "Show 'n Shine"? That would be awesome.

Sort of. We kind of have that here.

More like what the NSMB article was like. It’s always interesting to see how and why people
set their hardtails up a certain way

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 20:24 Quote
Awesome pic. How do you like the renthal?

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 20:28 Quote
soloknight6 wrote:
Awesome pic. How do you like the renthal?
Thats all Ive been riding for the last 5 or 6 years now, so I guess they are alright, have them on all three bikes I own, 35mm's on the Surface are a bit stiff though.At some point I would like to try some quality Ti bars.

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 20:33 Quote
I think in the future for my Surface there will be an angle set as well as a bigger dropper.

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 20:46 Quote
Awesome, I like my Ti bars, but to be honest they are pretty stiff, Ive heard great stuff about the fatbar from renthal, plus I like the MX history of the brand. So with an angle set, do you need to worry about the fork's steerer tube length at all?

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 21:14 Quote
soloknight6 wrote:
Awesome, I like my Ti bars, but to be honest they are pretty stiff, Ive heard great stuff about the fatbar from renthal, plus I like the MX history of the brand. So with an angle set, do you need to worry about the fork's steerer tube length at all?
That I do not know, You would figure if you had it cut down to the max the angle could lengthen needed steerer tube amount, but I've got an extra 15 mm of spacers on top...In most cases I think 2 degrees would be negligible.

O+
Posted: May 5, 2021 at 21:30 Quote
soloknight6 wrote:

Last angleset I used meant I took off ~15-20mm of spacers. Depends on how many degrees, and how tall your current upper headset is. It was a Works Components for me, and I went from what was effectively a ZS upper headset to an external one.

So of your fork is just barely long enough you might run out of steerer. Or find a shorter stack height stem.

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 21:37 Quote
husstler wrote:
soloknight6 wrote:

Last angleset I used meant I took off ~15-20mm of spacers. Depends on how many degrees, and how tall your current upper headset is. It was a Works Components for me, and I went from what was effectively a ZS upper headset to an external one.

So of your fork is just barely long enough you might run out of steerer. Or find a shorter stack height stem.
Ah ! good to know,Ive got three 5mm's on top and 1, 5mm under stem should I should be covered...

O+
Posted: May 6, 2021 at 7:37 Quote
eurospek wrote:
photo

Heart eyes!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014641
Mobile Version of Website