Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
Author Message
Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 9:24 Quote
That blue with leather - handsome.

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 14:57 Quote

Been following the thread for a while, figured I’d add a pic of my Primer to the mix.

Posted: Aug 6, 2021 at 8:41 Quote
Hornby Isl?

SteveO222000 wrote:

Been following the thread for a while, figured I’d add a pic of my Primer to the mix.

Posted: Aug 6, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
vonP wrote:
Hornby Isl?

SteveO222000 wrote:

Been following the thread for a while, figured I’d add a pic of my Primer to the mix.

Yessir! First time riding there so we took the hard way up (stairs). Eventually we found the better approach.

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 17:52 Quote
Question for you guys, has anyone ever tried something like a wolftooth b-rad system in order to fit two bottles in the frame?

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 18:27 Quote
SteveO222000 wrote:
Question for you guys, has anyone ever tried something like a wolftooth b-rad system in order to fit two bottles in the frame?

Not for a second bottle, but I have a tube holder with a salsa everything holder. Works great

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 20:14 Quote
SteveO222000 wrote:
Question for you guys, has anyone ever tried something like a wolftooth b-rad system in order to fit two bottles in the frame?

L Doctahawk has two bottle mounts on the downtube and it’s a pretty cozy fit for two bottles. One medium one large bottle. I’m suggesting you mock it up before committing to a B Rad.

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 20:50 Quote
What have you all been doing to manage the dropper post cable on Chromag frames. I find, with the routing on the underside of the downtube, it seems to rub against my fork’s top cap.

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 20:59 Quote
SteveO222000 wrote:
Question for you guys, has anyone ever tried something like a wolftooth b-rad system in order to fit two bottles in the frame?

I ski strap a bottle to the seat tube sitting in behind the regular bottle vertically. Works on a large 2019 frame (one generation old).

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 23:25 Quote
All day big solo big mountain day on the surface with some free riding.. Pretty stoked on it.

Views: 302    Faves: 1    Comments: 8

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 7:58 Quote
Oh man do I need to get out riding in Colorado. That looks amazing.

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 11:59 Quote
Been waiting on this one for a while Smile


Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 13:07 Quote
Dang, sweet ride with that big ol' zeb up front. I'd go full pink and get a pink saddle though and then a blue seat clamp!

I thought this was the Sexiest AM Hardtail forum, where style critiques are expected haha. Wicked build, enjoy!

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 14:00 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Dang, sweet ride with that big ol' zeb up front. I'd go full pink and get a pink saddle though and then a blue seat clamp!
Eh, I was thinking about adding more pink and blue, but prefer a touch of color rather than going all out.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011695
Mobile Version of Website