Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
I think you did just enough colour. Looks perfect.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 15:15 Quote
trioofchaos wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Dang, sweet ride with that big ol' zeb up front. I'd go full pink and get a pink saddle though and then a blue seat clamp!
Eh, I was thinking about adding more pink and blue, but prefer a touch of color rather than going all out.

I thought this was the Sexiest AM Hardtail forum where critiques more expected, haha.
Super nice build. Love that finish!

Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 0:37 Quote
trioofchaos wrote:
Been waiting on this one for a while Smile

photo
photo
photo

That looks great! Very nice build. How's it ride?
I'm always amazed how aggro and low slung the primers look in build pics,compared to the chromag website, where they look a lot tamer and old school.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 5:03 Quote
rynee wrote:
trioofchaos wrote:
Been waiting on this one for a while Smile

photo
photo
photo

That looks great! Very nice build. How's it ride?
I'm always amazed how aggro and low slung the primers look in build pics,compared to the chromag website, where they look a lot tamer and old school.

Got out yesterday for a quick spin. Definitely going to take some getting used to coming off of full sus for so long. Other than that, it rides great!

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 6:34 Quote
I really enjoy having a hardtail, but man they feel rough after coming off an 'enduro' bike. Especially with flat pedals. I'm tempted to go back to clips on the hardtail, but switched this season to flats so am committed to a full season to break bad habits, but my feet & ankles have never taken a beating like this. Aggro hardtails ride into gnar too fast for their own good!

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 7:20 Quote
I really enjoy having a hardtail, but man they feel rough after coming off an 'enduro' bike. Especially with flat pedals. I'm tempted to go back to clips on the hardtail, but switched this season to flats so am committed to a full season to break bad habits, but my feet & ankles have never taken a beating like this. Aggro hardtails ride into gnar too fast for their own good!
Yes, that describes it perfectly.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 9:14 Quote
A few from the last few days after the rain

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 9:48 Quote

Hi, that's interesting, why and how do you feel the pedals make such a huge difference, especially making you feel more sore? On the ht I mean.
Cheers!

Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 10:24 Quote
robbiekane wrote:

holy smokes...that's steep...!

Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 10:45 Quote
adm750 wrote:
robbiekane wrote:

holy smokes...that's steep...!

Great shots !

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 12:16 Quote
rynee wrote:

Hi, that's interesting, why and how do you feel the pedals make such a huge difference, especially making you feel more sore? On the ht I mean.
Cheers!

I think with flats there's just a lot more pressure on the pedals keeping your feet connected. Clipped in you can Ride so light on the balls of your feet and heavy in the front and worry about losing your feet. I could be way off it's just very noticeable. I have 5 ten shoes and maybe they are just not as firm? Whatever it is it ain't nice! I prefer flats on the squishy bike.

Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 12:56 Quote
Damn, Im like a fish out of water on flats.........Don't have the patience do put the time in to get back to being proficient on them. But want to, haven't ridden flats full time since the mid 90's...May get a bmx bike to get reacquainted with them just to make it fun.

My first 6 years of xc racing were on Chuck Taylor high tops and bear trap pedals, then clipless came along......

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 14:29 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
Damn, Im like a fish out of water on flats.........Don't have the patience do put the time in to get back to being proficient on them. But want to, haven't ridden flats full time since the mid 90's...May get a bmx bike to get reacquainted with them just to make it fun.

My first 6 years of xc racing were on Chuck Taylor high tops and bear trap pedals, then clipless came along......

for really pedally trails where you're cranking out of the saddle a lot it's where I miss them the most on smoother trails, but on really rough stuff almost a year in and I still have to think about it a bit on a hardtail. I ride the park all the time on the squishy bike and feel pretty care free. I think it's worth it. Heels downs! for a few weeks then it becomes pretty natural.

Posted: Aug 28, 2021 at 9:16 Quote
Hey guys,

Just bought a DVO onyx sc fork wich come stock at 180mm but ajustable to 160mm. Anyone tried a rootdown with 180 fork? Was it total crap or not so bad. I'm curious to try it. The added stack and squish would be appreciated and I don't think the climbing would be that bad.

Posted: Aug 28, 2021 at 11:03 Quote
Might be pretty cool, My buddy ran a 180 lyric on his surface with no complaints.Sta on Rootdown is pretty steep so 180 fork may bring it to a normal sta number.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027164
Mobile Version of Website