Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
Posted: May 31, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
Pandalosi0 wrote:
Mine should be arriving on Monday. And my Evil Wreckoning should be finished with maintenance and part swaps on Monday too. Gonna be the best day ever. It's like two new bikes in one day!

Got some pics of mine as of this morning in profile under chromagnum if interested... i’ll post from computer tonight...

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
I need advice. I just ripped off my rear derailleur. not a fancy one so I'm not too worried but I do not know what derailleur is compatible. When I fitted the derailleur recently it touched the larger two cogs of the cassette, the body of the RD touched, not the jockey wheel... it worked on the stand and was a bit tricky to shift while ridding but it worked. Then it got wrapped around the cassette and split the derailleur body in half. So what derailleur is compatible with my set up.?

Current and broken set up>>> 1x10 , 28t front, 11-46 rear sunrace, shimano SLX long cage RD with a goat link that came with the sunrace cassette. Longer b tension screw inserted all the way.

I'm doing this on a budget, so an SLX or ZEE perhaps. A clutch type is a must. what do I need to look for , I don't want to put another RD on and rip it off in two weeks. what are you all running?

cheers
kev
[PI=PI=17281675][/PI]][/PI][P=https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/edit/?inList[]=17281675 size=m align=c][/P]

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
Get the M7000 SLX or M8000 XT. It's 11 speed but will work just fine with 10 speed. It will clear the 46 without needing a goat link or cranking the b-tension; and will shift way better than any rigged up 10spd derailleur.

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Pandalosi0 wrote:
Mine should be arriving on Monday. And my Evil Wreckoning should be finished with maintenance and part swaps on Monday too. Gonna be the best day ever. It's like two new bikes in one day!

Got some pics of mine as of this morning in profile under chromagnum if interested... i’ll post from computer tonight...

Very nice! I got the black too. You're running 27.5+ right? Is that a 30t in the front?

Sweet build dude. Looks like a lot of fun

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 11:59 Quote
Nope plump e-13 29’rs it’s actually a 28 ring. Feels like a tank in a good way

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 14:09 Quote
ronufoh wrote:
Get the M7000 SLX or M8000 XT. It's 11 speed but will work just fine with 10 speed. It will clear the 46 without needing a goat link or cranking the b-tension; and will shift way better than any rigged up 10spd derailleur.

I never realized I could use an 11spd, but it makes sense regarding the bigger cog. I will look for one. cheers mate

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 14:22 Quote
Should be able to shred this on its maiden voyage in a couple hours time....

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 16:27 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Nice job. Looks sick!

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 18:19 Quote
KennyWatson wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Nice job. Looks sick!

How shreddly was it??

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 20:48 Quote
Pretty damn awesome. First ride was black& blue tech. Its like a tank Smile

Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 22:53 Quote
Yeah that thing does look like a mini tank. Can't wait to see for myself

Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 23:22 Quote
Latest pic of my rootdown. All sorted out now.. I will have to shorten a couple of cable housings and the dropper hose. It's a beast, and I've already laid down some personal bests with it.

Posted: Jun 2, 2019 at 5:47 Quote
Is that the L or XL ? The blue is beaut.

Posted: Jun 2, 2019 at 17:04 Quote
It's an XL. I struggled between ordering blue and black based on the website colours, then I found pics online and ordered the blue without hesitation.
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Is that the L or XL ? The blue is beaut.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016306
Mobile Version of Website